Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RM70 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4110nd (ENERGY STAR) suddenley very slow

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4110nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Spectre x360 - 13-4110nd (ENERGY STAR) is suddenly very slow. Yesterday there was nothing wrong. Today I started the notebook and it was immediately very slow. I did not install any new drivers or software.

I have run UserBechmark with these results:

“PC Performing way below expectations”

“Processor: 6.18% is an extremely low Desktop CPU score, this CPU can barely handle email and light web browsing. Finally, with a gaming score of 5.53%, this CPUs suitability for 3D gaming is terrible.”

Does anybody know what can be the cause of this and how to resolve this ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
228 19 37
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @RM70

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. 

I read your post about the sudden drop in performance on the Spectre x360 - 13-4110nd. 

I have found this document has some useful information on basic maintenance for your system.

You mentioned that you had not installed any software or drivers, it is possible that Windows had downloaded an update automatically which would just require another restart to be applied. Along with the Microsoft updates you may also want to check for HP driver and software updates for your system. 

If you have gone through the above suggestions and are still experiencing slow performance, you may want to perform a system restore back to yesterday or an earlier date when it was working. 

I look forward to hearing back on your results and if you found this information helpful please take a moment to click the Thumbs Up!

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
RM70 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello  Blitzgaming,

Thanks for your reply.

The day I noticed the drop in performance of the system I rebooted it twice with no effect. I also checked for updates using the HP Support Assistant. There were none.  I don’t know how to check if Windows 10 has installed driver updates.

To make it even more strange, when I turned on the laptop yesterday evening, the problem was gone. I run Userbenchmark again with these results:

“PC Performing above expectations (72nd percentile)”

“61% is a good Desktop CPU score. This CPU can easily handle the majority of general computing tasks. Despite its good Desktop score this processor isn't appropriate for workstation use due to its relatively weak multi-core performance. Finally, with a gaming score of 50.8%, this CPUs suitability for 3D gaming is above average.”

So my problem is gone. But I am still curious what caused the laptops drop in performance for a day without any noticeable changes.

Regards,

RM70

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation