Note on archived topics.
12-26-2016 07:13 PM
I recently purchased an HP Spectre x360, and the battery life is significantly less than listed on the website. I have read on several post on this forum that others are having the same issue. Please let me know if there's anyway I improve the life of my laptop. I have the i7 processor with 8gb ram.
12-26-2016 07:22 PM
Please perform below shown steps to resolve the issue:
Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter
After performing all the steps if you are facing the same issue still, please perform three more steps:
1. Run a Battery Check in HP Support Assistant[Install the Software if it's not available]
Note: Replace the Battery If Health Check Status shows Replace
2. Update the latest BIOS for your Notebook from HP Support Site
3. Please check your Notebook with a known good Power Adapter & Battery from a different Notebook
How to improve the life of a Battery:
1. Power Plan should be set correctly for extended battery life
2. Please keep the Screen Brightness at lower level
3. Please turn OFF Wi-Fi Connection when not in use
4. Please remove the CD/DVD's from the Optical Drive when not in use
Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)
Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8)
You might want to take a look at this document: Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee