cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AllanSMW
Level 2
19 17 0 3
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Spectre x360 date randomly changing

HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Am I the only person to experience the date randomly changing by one or two days forward?

I've reset it several times and now turned off the update time automatically to see whether it resolves the issue.

My first experience with Windows 10, so really unclear as to whether it's the OS or the device(eg issue with Bios battery).

Anyone else/causes?

Currently as setup on delivery by HP...

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @AllanSMW,

Thank you for your query.

I grasp that your notebook randomly changes the date forward by one or two days.  If it was losing the date and time I would suspect the RTC battery but it is not doing that.

Do you have the correct time zone selected?

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you ran the  HP Support Assistant  to aid with any HP updates?

Here is a link to HP PCs - Increasing System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10) which may also help.

You could also test for hardware failures just to rule that possibility out: HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the   Thumbs Up   below.  

Best of Luck and have a great weekend!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
MikeyJ223
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Allan, 

Yeah, I'm definitely having the same issue. It's not just you! 

Please let me know if anything you attemot works. I've run through the options that the HP employee provided above, and none of them worked. 

Sidebar: Are you having any issues with the 3-finger gestures failing to work when opening from sleep mode? (Probably unrelated, but another issue I am having with this PC)

Thanks for brining this up, man!

Best,

-Michael Jones

0 Kudos
bowzak
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am having this problem as well.  very frustrating.  

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @bowzak, @MikeyJ223,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

If you have tried all the troubleshooting from my first reply I suggest you do a recovery back to factory.

Should you like guidance for that process please provide your exact model of Spectre X360.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Haiden773
Level 2
7 7 1 3
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I'm having the same problem. 

My computer is only a few days old, and I've been having this problem since I took it out of the box. Recovering the system is pointless, because I'm basically running a factory install. And given the fact that multiple people are having the same problem, I don't know why you would recommend recovering the system. 

bowzak
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Ditto what Haiden says.  This is an out-of-the box issue.

0 Kudos
bowzak
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My model number is 7265NGW

0 Kudos
Haiden773
Level 2
7 7 1 3
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Found a response/solution here (embedded in the first post). I had already reset my Windows date, but when I went into the BIOS, it was still set two days ahead. I changed the BIOS date, and then downloaded and installed the BIOS update found on the Software and Driver page at the link provided in the first post. So far, the date hasn't changed, but it's only been about 12 hours, so we'll see if it holds. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-10-Expert-Day-Laptops-Notebooks/Date-being-reset-a-day-or-two-a...

0 Kudos
AllanSMW
Level 2
19 17 0 3
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes, I've updated the BIOS and, touch wood, it has resolved the issue.

HOWEVER for anyone reading this, the HP Assist does NOT give you this BIOS as an option- you do have to go to the page for the Drivers for the HP Spectre and download and install it separately.

Tbh it's pretty shocking in terms of quality control that this has been allowed to happen.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation