Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I use my HP Spectre x360 in my medical practice and it had been working great until today as I was charting when the computer suddenly went black and has no response now.  It was plugged in at the time and have had no issues with battery.  Tried both chargers I own and nothing happens.  No light on charger when plugged in.  Computer has absolutely no response and I'm very frustrated as I need it to chart on.  Took to local computer store and they believe it may be a motherboard issue.  I am very disappointed in HP as this was an expensive computer to buy, and more so, I bought a nice, expensive computer so that I wouldn't have these issues!  Now I need to figure out a way to get another laptop by tomorrow and replace all my medical computers onto them so I can work.  HP, upon web-searching, this (motherboard failure) seems like a common issue for the HP Spectre x360? What's your solution?!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings @hacluk,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Same issue on my end

HP Recommended

@Karp1989

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

I understand your HP x360 isn't turning on anymore,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details: 

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you attempted the same steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

(As the issue may be fixed in your case, every computer is different than the other)

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

Did you run a hardware test on the computer using the F2 key during a restart? 

In the meantime, The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Please reply with the details for further assistance. 

Eager to help!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding.

The link to find the product number did not work.  I will need to get it once I get home.

So the computer is flat out dead.  It will not respond to anything and their is no sign of life.  It cut out while I was using it and has not done anything since whether it is connected to power or not.  So I do not think troubleshooting instructions will help with this one. 

I filed a case number with HP a few days ago (unfortunately I was unable to write it down so I dont have the case number) and I was contacted and given a quote of $560 (Discount Applied) to send the laptop back for repair.  Now, I spent $1200 on this lightly used laptop only 3 years ago, so that is not going to happen.  Would you in my shoes?  I had a Dell laptop that made it 6 years with the only problem being a RAM card failing and I retired it only because it stop running smoothly.  I have also noticed that this seems to be a common defect with the Spectre x360 so I know this isnt news to anyone. 

In order to keep me as an HP customer, I need a more reasonable option that is not half the cost of the laptop.  Otherwise, I'm just going to have someone pull the data off of it and invest in something that will last longer than 3 years.  Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.