cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
shouck886 Tutor
Tutor
8 5 1 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Split 13 x2 Keyboard Battery Not Installed

HP Split 13-f010dx x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Issue: With a battery installed in the keyboard portion of the Split, the BIOS main screen, where it lists Primary Battery SN and Secondary Battery SN, secondary battery is listed as N/A. It's not seeing the battery.

I ordered a replacement secondary battery & installed it, no change.

I updated the BIOS to F.20, and immediately after the BIOS update, it saw the battery. Once. After rebooting, it was gone again.

So, what I'm wondering, is, after looking at the service manual, it looks like the following parts could be at fault. I just dont know which one without having them on hand to try.

765843-001 - Hinge (This one I doubt)

746493-001 - AC Board (Power cord plugs into this board, which then sends the power across a cable & into the Audio board, where the battery is plugged in)

736894-001 - Audio Board (The board that the battery is physically plugged into)
736883-001 - Cable Kit (includes the cable that connects the 2 boards in the keyboard)

Unless I have 2 bad batteries, which I find highly unlikely, it has to be one of those 4 things. I've looked online & found no solid answer.

Also, I'm not going to discuss Windows whatsoever, because it's not related. The BIOS doesn't see the battery, and that's all the proof I need that there's a problem.

PS: I have tried disconnecting the tablet from the keyboard, then plugging in the power cord & the charging LED immediately goes white. It's not charging the battery in the keyboard, because, it doesn't think it's there.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Retired
3,717 3,002 181 478
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@shouck886,

Hello and thanks for posting on the HP support forums.  With this battery issue try popping it out and inspact the socket.  Make sure there is no corrosion.  As well if you have a volt meter check to see if there is the correct voltage coming off the battery. I have purchased new batteries in the past that had sat on the shelf for a while and they worked but only for a short time.

If there is no corrosion and the battery is showing full voltage. then you are dealing with a board issue on that side.  You have already updated the firmware so you are covered there. The next step will be talking to HP phone support for repair options.

Use this link to contact HP support.

Contact HP Support.

Please let me know how things go.  Thanks again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
TomWr Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey shouck886,

Have you been able to resolve the issue? I'm having the same exact problem and agree that it is one of the parts you listed.

0 Kudos
TomWr Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 1
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update: Turned out to be a defective keyboard/base battery. First replacement battery I purchased was also bad, quite possible OP did have 2 bad batteries.

0 Kudos
shouck886 Tutor
Tutor
8 5 1 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm not sure why I didn't get any notifications up until this one, but thanks for the info! I haven't put any effort into this, since it seems to be working with just 1 battery. Maybe I'll spend some time again. When you say  "keyboard/base battery" which part exactly do you mean?

0 Kudos
shouck886 Tutor
Tutor
8 5 1 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OH, I reread your message & now I understand. Well, I could try purchasing another keyboard battery. Where did you purchase yours from? I got mine off ebay & it looks new, but I suppose that doesn't mean much. Does HP even sell them? If I'm going to try this again, I'd like to get the newest battery possible

0 Kudos
TomWr Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 1
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP no longer sells the battery. Both of my replacement batteries (bad and good) came from eBay, and were advertised as "New other". Bottom line is these batteries are pulls, you need to get lucky. There are some (supposedly) brand new batteries on eBay, and Amazon has a new aftermarket battery on their site.

shouck886 Tutor
Tutor
8 5 1 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'll give it a try, maybe I'll even try an Amazon aftermarket, even though I detest aftermarket batteries. It's gotta be better than a sitting-on-the-shelf-for-two-years battery

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation