cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SpikeyDaPikey
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Split X2 Track Pad

Hi I bought a new HP Split X2 about 3 days ago and I must say I'm sligtly dissapointed by some of the issues I have already encountered with this machine. Firstly when I picked it up from the shop I brought it home to find that I was given a faulty power cable. I had to return to the shop to get it replaced but all of their spares were a part of the same bad batch shipped by HP. Anyways after an inconvinient wait I was able to to take my computer home and start enjoying it. The problem I am having now is my track pad keeps sticking and freezing up which is incredibly frustrating when I have important work to be getting on with. So please can anyone suggest possible ways to get this sorted because if its simple fix (i.e a driver) then I'd rather know about it than spend another afternoon sat in currys. I don't want to sound grumpy but I want to say that when you spend £600 on something it should work properly.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,896 16,651
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Split X2 Track Pad

Hi,

Whether the following will help depends on the x2 model you're using, but on a Split 13t x2 that had the same problem, the following  corrected the 'freezing' issue with the touchpad.

Open windows Control Panel and open Device Manager. Expand ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’ and you should find 2 entries for ‘Generic USB Hub’. Right click the 1st one and select Properties, then select the Power Management tab and remove the tick from the box ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’. Click Ok to save this setting.

Do the same for the 2nd ‘Generic USB Hub.

When done, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
SpikeyDaPikey
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Split X2 Track Pad

Its not worked.

0 Kudos
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,896 16,651
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Split X2 Track Pad

Hi,

It's worth checking if there's an updated version of the HP System Event Utility on your machines Product Page as this will have a direct effect on the touchpad connectivity.

What specific x2 Model ( Model No. or Product No. ) do you have?

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation