cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sarahfilms
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream 11 Notebook Laptop Flash Drive

HP Stream Notebook PC 11
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

i was wondering if someone can help me, i brought my HP Stream Notebook 11 back in Jan 2015 and it was working fine until the other day when all of a sudden it turned itself off. When you turn it on now it says there is no operating system and the flash drive is not recongnised and i cannot do anything with it, it is totally usless at the moment.

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 337
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey@sarahfilms,

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums. One stop for all solutions about your HP product.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I was going through your post and would like to help you.

No operating system found an error on the screen of the PC. Is that, Correct?

This appears to be either a hardware of an OS issue.

The only way to find out is to check for any faulty hardware by conducting the diagnostics on your PC.

Use the link below to know more about the diagnostics and learn how to perform.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

Hope the above steps will help you finds the solution. Please share more to serve you.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
sarahfilms
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have done all the diagnostics tests and they came back fine so I don't know what else to do as I cannot do anything with it.

Sarah
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 337
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey@sarahfilms,

Thanks for the response.

I request you to share the screenshot of the issue if possible.

That way, I should be able to help you with the right solution.

Hope this helps. Please share for more assistance.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
sarahfilms
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

i cannot upload a photo as it is saying the file is to big but this is what it says ...

Boot device not found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk drive

Hard disk (3F0)

F2 Diagonostics

Thanks!

0 Kudos
sarahfilms
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

i cannot upload a photo as it is saying the file is to big but this is what it says ..

Boot Device not found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk

Hard disk (3F0)

F2 Diagonostics

Thanks!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 337
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey@sarahfilms,

Thanks for the response.

Then, based on the details shared, I recommend you to perform the recovery on your PC using the link below.

Before that, try the diagnostics on the PC and check if there are any hardware issues on the PC.

Use the link below to perform the tests

Diagnostics test: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

Recovery: http://hp.care/2i6FjEH

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
sarahfilms
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply I have tried continually press F11 with no success and when I go into the Diagnostic test it says ' This system uses a flash device for primary storage. To test this flash device please install the HP UEFI Support Enviroment' which I am unable to do. All the other tests come back fine.

Thanks again!

Sarah
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 337
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey@sarahfilms,

Thanks for the response.

IF the USB drive is the OS sent by HP, then I request you to contact HP Phone support using the link below to have it replaced.

If the USB drive is the OS image you created, Try creating the image on a different drive and check if that works.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation