Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ciarabrew Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream 11 Wifi adaptor stopped working?

Hp Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I purchased a HP Stream 11 notebook/laptop last week and for the last week have been very happy with it (its pink) but earlier tonight a problem has occurred and now I cant use it.

I was half way through watching a programme paused it for ten minutes went back to watch it and it was no longer connected to the internet, the internet access symbol has an X in a red circle above it.

I cant connect to or search for any wireless networks.

I have ran diagnostics and it came back saying no problems found but it is a problem and a major one,

It seems that the wifi driver has disappered,

When I go to 'turn wireless devices on and off' it only has the options for either flight mode and Wireless devices bluetooth!! I have searched to try and find what the problem is and apparently there should be a wifi option here to.

Please help me I dont know what to do.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Ciarabrew Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My computer installed some updates a few hours earlier, not sure if this has caused the problem? but as I said it was working fine since then.

The operating system (that came with it) is Windows bing 8.1

I did not update to windows 10 yet.

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1577 1567 133 302
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, try downloading the Wifi driver from the hp.com site from another computer and then reinstall it on your Stream 11.

0 Kudos
Ciarabrew Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the reply, 

Yes I have tried that (aswell as restoring factory settings etc)

Ive tried it with 2 different drivers but it doesnt seem to have helped at all?

I am on another computer (obviously) at the moment but maybe or likely I have not downloaded or installed the Wifi driver correctly? If any body could give me simple step by step instruction of how to do this that would maybe be helpful please.

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1577 1567 133 302
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You used the recovery utility to restore to the factory configuration and the Wifi would still not connect?  I would suspect a hardware failure in that event.  Also make sure your router is providing 2.4 GHz Wifi since that is all the Stream 11 supports.

0 Kudos
Ciarabrew Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes Ive been trying my best to fix it for a couple of hours (although I really dont know much about computers etc) and its so annoying, I guess if its a harware failure I will have to send it back? :-(

Its certainly not my router as Im connected through my HP stream 15 (but purple) at the moment and my Hp stream 11 just wont even search for any connections now.

0 Kudos
Ciarabrew Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the replies Kyle_b,

I am also suspecting and worrying it is a hardware failure too but hope I am wrong because it was difficult to find a brand new pink hpstream 11,..

All the local stores only sell the blue ones now so I had to buy it online from London (I live in Lancashire) at higher cost and if it is a hardware problem I guess that means I'm going to have to return it and pay postage and pakaging which is just a p.i.t.a!

I will hold out another day here and hope that someone might be able to tell me I can actually fix it and maybe know what the problem is, if its something other than just a wife card? hardware failure.

0 Kudos
Ciarabrew Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can anybody help me with this problem or advise me how it could be fixed before I have to send it back?

it is so frustrating.

Please, anybody?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Ciarabrew Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So after many attempts to fix it in various ways and no success.. 

It just starts working again?

What the heck?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation