cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
StagnantSloth
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream Hard Drive Space

hp 13-c002dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP stream (hp 13-c002dx). I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the hard drive on this laptop? If not, is it possible to insert a micro sd card and transfer any system files to it? My hard drive is nearly full and lacks the space for windows updates. The hard drive is only 32gb and most of it is not used by my personal files.

Any advice on a possible way to upgrade or a way to free up system storage space?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 19
Level 19
78,118 78,018 9,610 20,773
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following link shows specs of your computer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04508466

Unfortunately you can't upgrade storage (ie HDD) or RAM or CPU .... because they are soldered to the motherboard.  Your machine has a Micro SD Card slot. You can use a microSD card up to 64GB to increase its storage. I'm using this option on one of my machines too.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
StagnantSloth
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your response.

If I purchase a micro sd card labelled as Micro SDXC, is that compatible with the laptop?

I was just looking up a 64gb one on Amazon and saw that it said: "Compatible with devices with SDxC slots-usage in non SDXC slot lead to reduced performance"

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Level 19
Level 19
78,118 78,018 9,610 20,773
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I do not have exactly same laptop like yours but I have half a dozen of other devices including tablets and phones and I have NO problem with 64GB cards (Samsung and Sandisk - I don't have other brands).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation