cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Chad_Gdry Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream Keyboard wrong ascii mapping

HP Stream x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

HP Stream x360 Convertable PC11

The on-screen keyboard works fine, but the mechanical keyboard does not.  I have an odd mapping and I can not figure out how to change this in CMOS.  Upon a reset, the computer tries to walk me through initialization and personalization, but the physical keyboard is still malfunctioning independent of the OS..  Here are the examples:

only listing keys that don't perform as expected: (typed the chareter on the left, received the product after the dash (-)...

b - bn

f - fkj
g - gh
h - gh
i - riu
j - fkj
k - fkj
l - ;
m - nothing
n - bn
o - p

r - riu
t - t]y
u - riu
v - nothing
y - t]y
z - z’
B - BN
C - nothing
F - FKJ
G - GH
H - GH
I - RIU
J - FKJ
K - FKJ
L - ;
M - nothing
N - BN
O - P
R - RIU 
T - TJY
U - RIU
V - nothing
Y - TJY
Z - Z’
4 - 487
5 - nothing
6 - nothing
7 - 487
8 - 487
9 - 0

backspace - gh
up arrow - riu
down arrow - 487
left arrow - function properly or intermittent charter insert
delete - gh

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
2,882 2,654 144 331
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Chad_Gdry,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that you have keyboard mapping problems.  You have recovered the system, but problems still persist.

Please check the keyboard layout settings on your laptop. You can review HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

If the there is no problem with keyboard layout settings, run the keyboard hardware test in the component tests, as shown on link http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1

Let me know how it goes.

If this post helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chad_Gdry Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

tried using the reboot, F2 initiated test series.  The full componant test worked fine, no errors.. but did take a ong time.  The I tried just the keyboard test, COMPACT, and just walking the keys demonstrates the data I put in the first post.  The mapings work until they don't then it looks like I activated othert keys (I did not) and some of the F-keys didn;t even work.  I am wondering if someone spilled something on the laptop (I have plenty of irresponsible kids in the house)...

I'll take it apart and see if I can clean contacts.  at the least, I can see if there is residue of spilled liquids in there.  Thanks for the F-2 test pointer.  

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2,882 2,654 144 331
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Chad_Gdry,

Hope it work for you! If not, you may contact HP support.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation