cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Star-Lord
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream Laptop stopped reading my thumb drive!

HP Stream Laptop

I store alot of documents on an external thumb drive because of storage size issues i have had in the past. But out of the blue, my laptop stopped reading when i would plug it in.
I have tried putting it in a couple other computers to see if it was the thumb drive, but it works fine. When i plug in my Mouse into USB port, it works fine, so i don't think its the port.
The thumb drive doesn't show up anywhere on my computer, like its not even plugged in.
Do i need to reboot something? I don't think i uninstalled anything pre-installed or crucial.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 10
1,580 1,570 133 306
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream Laptop stopped reading my thumb drive!

Hi, go into the Windows Disk Management utility if you have not already and see if it appears in there.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation