Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
riverrat807 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Stream Notebook PC 13

HP Stream Notebook PC 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a HP Stream Notebook PC13 with Windows 10 already installed. I only use this computer to surf the web, but it does have an active trial version of Microsoft Office.  There are no additional programs, photos, videos, etc. downloaded to the computer beyond the original bundle.  The notebook has a 28GB hard drive and 3.58 GB are free.  I cannot run the Windows 10 update with so little free space on the hard drive.  I have a number of files that I think I can delete (Evernote and McAfee), but still not enough to download the Windows 10 update.

What's the easiest way of identifying trash to delete?  Finally, any idea why HP built this notebook in a manner that updates are cumbersome/problematic?

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

HP Stream Notebook PC 13

Thanks for stopping by @riverrat807

Here on the HP Support Forums, you have access to many community members with solutions and suggestions to help. I understand that you are having an issue with low disk space. 

Have you tried: 

• Emptying the Recycle Bin?
  • Deleting temporary files and directories?
  • Removing unwanted programs?
  • Adjusting System Restore settings?

If not, here is a document called Resolving Low Disk Space Errors that will help you perform each of those steps. 

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

Let me know how this goes. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help but to assist you better, could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and the results of the troubleshooting above. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation