Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HH121 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Stream Notebook not turning on.

HP Stream Notebook PC 13
My laptop turns on and shows the logo for a few seconds then the screen goes blank. Ive carried out system fast tests with both extensive test and quick test and all categories passed. Please help. Thanks.
3 REPLIES
Professor
Professor
1556 131 294
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Do any lights stay on when the screen goes blank or does everything go dark?  It sounds like the screen stays on when you are in the BIOS since you were able to run the diagnostics.  You might try restoring Windows back if that is what is not working using the F11 system recovery option.

0 Kudos
HH121 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Yeh I think windows is the issue. How do I use the f11?
0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1556 131 294
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

Press Esc when the notebook is first powered on and then F11 to run the recovery utility.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation