Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
alfee777 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream wifi adapter keeps disconnecting

HP Stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

My HP stream wifi adapter keeps disconnecting from wifi networks. After it disconnects it automatically goes into disabled status.

First I thought it was just my home wifi router, but it still happens to other connections. I tried all of the suggestions below, but none seems to help. 

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:

reset the winsock catalogue:

Reinstall the network adapter drivers:

Anyone got any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream wifi adapter keeps disconnecting

Hi @alfee777,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

It is a fantastic site to find information, tips and suggestions. For you have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

What is your specific model of Stream 11 notebook?

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you are having an issue with the WiFi adapter continually disconnecting from  the wireless network.  You have tried most of the steps recommended.  You may wish to review this post by @Great-Deku-Tree:

Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues

If your network is set to 5.0 GHz I suggest changing it to mixed mode or the 2.4GHz as that is the one the notebook works best with.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

To rule out a bad adapter, I would test for hardware failures:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8).

Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation