Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wjpkgab Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Thunderbold Dock 3 sync to dual monitors on boot up

HP Thunderbolt Dock 3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Zbook Studio G3 connected to two ASUS 24" HDMI screens (VE248H with different firmware) via the HP Tunderbolt Dock 3.  Screens are connected via Displayport to HDMI adapters.

Upon boot up, one of the screens does not sync- which one is random. If it is the primary screen, the symptom is a loop of the screen blacking out ever 3 seconds or so for 2 seconds then lighting up again. Sometimes this is accompanied with an audible click. If it is the secondary screen the loop is the image wobbles every 5 seconds or so, blacks out briefly then comes back on. 

I have updated the firmware on the dock, the BIOS, and all the drivers. 

The daily steps to resolve the problem involve the Multiple displays option in Window's Screen Resolution. By changing it back and forth between the individual displays and the "Extend these displays" option I eventually get the screens to stabilize.

Any help would be nice. Wasting 5 - 10 minutes each morning on this is frustrating.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
235 235 13 28
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please try to install Thunderbolt 3 Dock DisplayPort (DP) Hub Firmware Update 3.10.005 Rev.A that enahnces the display compatibility.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78212.exe

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.

0 Kudos
wjpkgab Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Two for two on start-ups.

Looks like the update fixed it.

Would be VERY nice if HP Support Assistant could idenfity the attached dock and check for updates. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation