Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ShadowBox Top Student
Top Student
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Thunderbolt-2 PCIe 1-port I/O Card - Alternate to Slot 5?

Z820 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hello, Can I successfully install a HP Thunderbolt-2 PCIe 1-port I/O Card F3F43AA into a slot OTHER than Slot 5?

I have an HP Z820 w/s and have successfully used my Thunderbolt-2 card, installed in PCIe Slot 5. AVID has just supplied me with a PCIe card that also requires installation in Slot 5. This is a conflict they are unable to resolve, so far.

Might I be able to move my Thunderbolt-2 card to another slot? I wish to connect to an external RAID or other drive.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
ShadowBox Top Student
Top Student
8 4 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP phone support has told me there is no alternative to Slot #5. So, I have re-installed the card in Slot #5 and it recognizes my NTFS-formatted device in the Connected Device Chain. Unfortunately, the device is not visible or mounted on my computer.

This is a G-Technology, G-DRIVE with Tunderbolt-2 and USB 3.0

The drive mounts when connected via USB 3.0

The drive does not mount when connected via Thunderbolt-2. 

The Thunderbolt Driver and Software appears to be current [1.4.0.30 Rev A]

Ddevice manager registers the PCIe Thunderbolt-2 card, which is listed as working properly.

Still, I do not see how to mount this NTFS formatted drive.

What am I missing?

HP Z820 Workstation, Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), 32 GB RAM. 

0 Kudos
ShadowBox Top Student
Top Student
8 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looking at the device manager, I have identified the following error alert. 

Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller Properties: 

Device Type:     IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

Manufacturer: Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller

Device Status: 

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation