cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
zanderaj Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touchsmart 15 fan not working properly

My fan is working but it doesn't have the power that it used to. I tried cleaing it with air but that didn't help. I can't into the laptop to actually take the fan out and clean it like that either. There is nothing that pops up and tells me that it is not working, it just heats up a lot. How do I fix this?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
1071 1010 54 138
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touchsmart 15 fan not working properly

Hello @zanderaj,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I understand the fan is not functioning as it once did in your HP notebook. I see you have tried to clean it using some air, but there are other methods you can use to get the fan up and running like normal again. I would like to help you get the fan operating like before.

First, please perform a hard reset. Once that is complete, follow the steps in these four documents:

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)

HP Notebook PCs - System Fan (90b) error message on startup

For more specific information please provide the product number and operating system.

Finding Your HP Product Number

HP PCs - How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer

I look forward to the results! If this information is useful, click the thumbs up.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation