Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Got a question. I have a HP 2000-2b19wm laptop. I bought this system. It came with Windows 8. After I got it I completely got rid of Windows 8 and IMHO upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. I deleted all partitions and let 7 configure the hard drive the way it wanted, got the drivers and so on and so forth. (not worried about warrenty, I can handel most hardware repairs and software fixes).

I looked to see if there was a new BIOS available and there was, However I also noticed that there are two things called HP UEFI Support Environment and HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) Support Environment. I know they have to do with Diagnostics and recovering from a bad BIOS flash.

The question is this. Do I install HP UEFI Support Environment or HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) Support Environment?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @bfldworker ,

Thank you for your query.

The UEFI is  preinstalled on your notebook.  It does not reside on the hard drive, so when you formatted and installed Windows 7, it should not have affected it.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics

If you would like to verify this press the F2 key apporximately once every second on startup ( before Windows loads) and it should present you with the menu.

I hope this has answered your concerns.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @bfldworker ,

Thank you for your query.

The UEFI is  preinstalled on your notebook.  It does not reside on the hard drive, so when you formatted and installed Windows 7, it should not have affected it.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics

If you would like to verify this press the F2 key apporximately once every second on startup ( before Windows loads) and it should present you with the menu.

I hope this has answered your concerns.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hello bfldworker... thank you for owning and using you HP 2000 laptop!

The current versionj listed on your laptop support page is "HP UEFI Support Environment".  The other entry reflects a name change based on feature update, and is probably left there for users who choose not to upgrade.

If you would like an even more current version of the diagnostics, please feel free to visit the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics page.

Again, mny thx!

DISCLAIMER: I am an HP employee, but I am not a spokesperson for HP.

• If you found this information helpful, please take a moment to click on "Accept as Solution".
  • If you'd like to say thanks, please click on the Kudos star!
HP Recommended

I used the link above and downloaded, and installed the that version, but it made no difference.  Is there a trick to installing the latest version?

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
HP Recommended

Solved my problem.  Went back to the BiOS that is called for on my machine and that fixed the problem.  In the future, when HPSA says there is an updated BIOS, I will not install until I check the HP Support website and confirm that the BIOS is indeed for my product number and OS.

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
HP Recommended

Sorry for taking so long to Kudo and accept as solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.