cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wuby
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Welcome screen keeps popping up every 20 - 30 minutes

HP Notebook - 15-af114au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Mine is a brand new Notebook and I 've been facing issue with HP welcome screen that pop up once in every 20-30 minutes.  I need to hit Done so  as to get rid of it.  Attaching screenshot. Support want me to do a system restore. Huh.. Do I need to change my head if I have a small injury on my face???  Please help. 

AoIHSqQBlFCylritEKlaxsNirWTMik-oVourHpW3T4E6.jpgAoIHSqQBlFCylritEKlaxsNirWTMik-oVourHpW3T4E6.jpg

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 955 2,197
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @wuby,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP 15-af114au Notebook and the HP Welcome screen keeps popping up every 20 - 30 minutes.  The easiest thing to do is to press Ctrl+Shift+Escape and disable them on the Startup tab.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
jen_roy
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi I have been experiencing the same issue with my new HP notebook 15-ac119TU, I bought the laptop a few days ago. Initially there was no problem but this issue started happening 2 days ago till now, I tried the solution you suggested i.e. to press Ctrl+Shift+Escape and disable them on the Startup tab but that did not help.

I opened the source file of Hp Welcome and its an application called Garage.container of 792 Kb. Should i delete that?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 955 2,197
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @jen_roy,

I do not recommend uninstall anything. Try a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook.

When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues.
Did you install any new software?

I do not see anything about this file on HP Notebooks.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
YHCHIU
Level 1
4 4 0 5
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Per my experience, the auto launch pop up only comes during the first boot after your purchase.

Once finishing all sign up tasks, especially registering your product to HP, the HP Welcome app completes its job and will delete all touch points (e.g. desk top icon shortcut) by itself. This is because user needn't launch it anymore.

So, it should be fine to unintall the app after registration if it keeps popping up periodically. Besides, the app can be restored by system recovery.

0 Kudos
sid123321
Level 1
1 1 0 4
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hope I can help you with this issue.

whenever that pop-up shows up, just don't close it .. 

press alt+ctrl+esp to open the task manager.

there you will find the hp welcome pop-up opened.

right-click on that pop-up.

open the file location present in the right-clicked menu.

delete the application of pop-up which you'll see after clicking file location.

I've not experienced any issue after deleting it till now.

But if something happens to your pc, I'm not responsible.

Thank you

Tags (1)
jomonkainakary
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That helped me too for notebook ac-635tu, which suffered same pop up problem..
0 Kudos
gm2313
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My experience and looking at related forum posts suggests this to be a software bug spanning HP's laptop portfolio. 

I have a new (2017) Pavilion x360, where the only difference is the frequency of pop-up: i see it every 10-15 min. I had completed the setup procedure and clicked 'Done' on this Welcome pop multiple times, with no relief.

My resolution was to UNINSTALL the "HP Welcome" appliation.

This seems a safer fix then deleting the underlying "Garbage.x" application files suggested elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Sp8nki
2 2 0 1
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had same issue with that stupid popup message and couldn't get it to stop.

I tried Settings / System / Apps & Features - no workie.

I tried Ctrl+Shift+Esc / Disable - no workie.

I tried System Restore and didn't find what I was supposed to restore / fix - no solution!

I tried installing Advanced Uninstaller PRO - no friggin workie!

I tried Ctrl+Shift+Esc / Process Tab / Right click on HP Welcome / Open File Location / Delete Garage.Container. Didn't work.

BUT, while I was poking around in that location I found an uninstall that finally worked! (It's been several hours and so far so good.) On my Win 10 Spectre 360 the path was

C:\Program Files\HP\HP Welcome\uninstall. It's a Windows Batch File that finally did the trick when run from there.

jorgemartins
Level 4
74 67 4 9
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem with my HP Envy.

I tried the uninstall batch within HP Welcome Installation folder and it didn´t work for me!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation