cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JamesC Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 21 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Wireless Assistant not working

Read your post on the presario F700. My amber came on a bout 30 days after the warranty expired. Can you kinda break down how you corrected. I hook direct to comcast and it works great my son gave me USRobotics adapter to use.

But just wondering how common this is. thanks

0 Kudos
jaywes Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 22 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I uninstalled the last two updates installed before my wireless adater stopped working, (Microsoft Silverlight and Critical update KB982670 or

MICROSOFT.NET FRAMEWORK FOR CLIENT PROFILE FOR WINDOWS 7 X64 BASED SYSTEMS. It's back on, even after a restart, lets hope it last.

0 Kudos
goliaxz Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 23 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi guys i bought my hp mini 210 1114ee, i was working gd but it cant connect to the internet

i dunno why but i tried installing a new driver but not working, is there anything to make it work even i opened HP wireless assistant but it is disabled and they told me to change it from device manager but sevice manager says u must update when i update it says not found!

what do i have to do?

thanks, i will give kudos for who gives me the best solution.

and thanks again!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
wsscott1202 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 24 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I purchased my HP notebook this summer.  It's setup to dual-boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu linux.  Both worked great until I installed Windows updates about a week ago.  After that, the wireless button would not change from orange to blue in either system........therefore, no wireless.    To fix, I restored Windows to a mid-August date.  Wireless now works in both systems. Almost 100% sure that the Windows update caused the problem.

0 Kudos
wraith_tech Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 25 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution:

Downloading HP Software Framework VERSION: 3.5.22.1 REV: A from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02222114&jumpi... fixed HP wireless assistance for me. Quick Launch Button Control "QLBCTRL.EXE" was not working correctly which led me to search for a HP fix which led me to the  HP Software Framework download. Hopefully this fixes everyones HP wireless assistance problems!

0 Kudos
iamaz Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 26 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I solved a similar issue right now! My problem is with HP Power Assistant which have cut off power from all mobile interfaces.

I reinstalled it and after configured it from scratch and enabling power to mobile interfaces, everything starts working fine.

I hope this can help.

0 Kudos
fasotti Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 27 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem with presario V6000. ambra led all the time. Bios upgrade did not work.

Faro sottile

0 Kudos
JamesC Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 28 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ya know I down loaded a new driver and some up dates and it worked for one day and amber again.

My son gave me a USRobotics wireless adapter and it picks up full signals everywhere I go. So igave up on the internal

wireless. I also received a fault code of some sort and deleted it so I no longer get a blue screen staing error code on

broadcom? Anyway I wish HP would find a easy fix.

0 Kudos
singlinakr Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 29 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried this solution to no avail-after taking all that time to format and reinstall the factory image and all the updates from HP and Microsoft nothing happened! The wireless light was still orange and the wireless adapter was nowhere to be found in Device Manager or Mobility Center, and Wireless Assistant wouldn't open! Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
jepoizkie143 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 30 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have the same problem with my presario v3730 hp wireless assistant does'nt work properly.. so mean the cause of that is graphics card.?

so what i am going to do with my graphics card???

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation