Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kuangli Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP X360 Spectre 15t charging issues

X360 Spectre 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this recently. Everything is fine unless the charging issue.

I saw many people have this issue, but mine is little different.

1. I can charge, so AC adapter is fine

2. sometime (yes, sometimes), AC cannot charging again (for example, when I wake up, sometimes it is out of battery even though I didn't move laptop)

3. if I plug out and plug in AC to nb again, then it charges again.

It seems it is a hardware issue. Any solutions? Thank you

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3798 201 432
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kuangli,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with charging the battery. I will be glad to help you.

Is the adapter connect directly to the wall?

Are you making sure the connector at the computer is correctly inserted?

Here is a document on testing the battery.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
kuangli Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your replying. Yes, I'm sure that the adapter inserted correctly. (I use computer for more than 20 years, and also major in computer science. So I think I can solve some basic problems)

The problem happens 'randomly'. For example, the laptop works great these two days.

However, if the problem happens, then

1. take out AC and inserted into the wall doesn't work.

2. if I plug out from the laptop and plug in again, then it works.

I didn't turn off when I'm sleeping, especially when I get this laptop, it takes a lot of time for synchronizing cloud data. In the first two or three days, after charging to 100%, or in the midnight, the problem happens. (I mean, because I'm sleeping, so I don't move laptop or do anything). After that, I tried to change power plan from defaut (hp recommend) to high performance. And now it seems it works. If the laptop works well, then I guess the problem comes from USB driver.

BWT, sometimes sd card will disconnect suddenly and reconnect again. Do you have any suggestions?

Thx,

KL

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 201 432
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kuangli,

can you please look at the document for Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)

Please get back to me how thing went.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
kuangli Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I checked, I I don't think it's the problem about sleeping because I turn off all sleeping functions. Sometimes, when I am working, the charging light is just off, and I need to plug out and plu in again.

However, it works fine for these days after I change my power plan from hp recommend to high performance. So I think the problem might be solved by updaing drivers, instead of replacing any hardware or devices.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 201 432
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kuangli,

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
kuangli Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, For many days using, I certainly am sure that there might be something wrong about charging. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When I replug it, then sometimes it works for long time, sometimes it works for 3 seconds. In general, if I use some CPU bound programs, then it will fail with very high probability. Becasue I don't stay at US now (I stay at Taiwan or China), I called the support center. However, because this machine didn't sell here, so the support center in Taiwan cannot do anything about it, and ask I contact to US directly. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks a lot KL
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 201 432
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kuabgli,

The link I gave you has a way of contacting US support. They will not be able to ship to any other country, with the exception of Military bases.  HP alway does its best to support the US Military.

Please get back to me.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
kuangli Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your replying. Yes, I tried, but it seems that they cannot solve the problem.

The problem is not caused by hardware. After surveying and tried many times for different cases, it's a problem due do ACPI drivers I guess. So many people complain this problem (if you search it "can not charging"). I also tried the methods on  the Internet, but they can solve the problem for a while. And it happens again.

In HP's forum, some users have ACPI problem since 2014. I don't know why this new model still have this problem. If possible, please update drivers for this. I would appriciate it. Thx

0 Kudos
Ezrar107 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't explain the level of frustration I have with hp. After paying nearly $2300 for my 360 spectra and having only used it for about 16 hours and owning it for a total of 18 months my mother board failed . When I looked up problems with this model it seemed to be a common occurrence . Which is more frustrating because it would seem that hp would have done some kind of recall. After sending it through Geek Squad .I was quoted an additional $600 repair that would not be guaranteed to fix my problem . So at the moment I have a very expensive brick of a computer that I am not able to use . Is there anything that hp can do to help with this issue???
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation