Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Caligola Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ZBook Studio G3 - Overheating and fan noise issues

HP ZBook Studio G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I would like to buy the HP ZBook Studio G3 mobile workstation (i7 6700HQ, 8GB RAM, 256 SSD, Quadro 1000M, FHD IPS display) but according to some reviews and users' reports, this machine has too many problems, in particular overheating and fan noise.

What can you tell me about these problems? Is it possible to fix them with bios/driver updates?

In particular read this: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-ZBook-Studio-G/td-p/5638289

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TB9 Top Student
Top Student
4 4 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have also complaints about fluctuating fan noise, but it seems there is no solution. I installed all kind of drivers and bios updates. Also I returned one notebook, but only to get another with the same problem. 

From what I have read all over the internet it seems to be a bios problem in combination with windows 10. I don't really feel waiting for a solution, so I asked for a refund.

0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
235 235 13 28
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please look at the followig Customer Advisory.  The BIOS older than v1.07 may have the problem. You need to install the latest BIOS v1.14 and Intel DPTF driver. Please make sure that Intel DPTF is enabled in F10 Setup as well.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=emr_na-c05151500

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation