cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
3 3 0 0
Message 751 of 766
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello every body yes in this motherboard only solution is to replace the nvidia chip after only your laptop will work fine as mine, my machine is working fine since last 3 years, i have done this repair with global. so first visit www.globalbga.com/feed_back than visit to this company, I can assure you that you will be spare time, money and frustration too, I must say many repair shop apply heat to the nvidia chip and get back the display temporarily.

0 Kudos
Level 1
8 7 0 2
Message 752 of 766
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just read a day or so ago that good ole HP is on the rocks, or headed that way.  They are going to lay off thousands. I feel for those people but that company can slide off the earth as far as I am concerned.   I am sure the only reason that they are offering some help is that business has fallen off.

They designed a bad computer and would not take credit for it.  They set a ridiculously short time frame for those models to fail and then wanted to charge a high price to fix the problem when they did fail.  I swore that I would never let another HP product cross my doorway and I will hold to that.  I also make it a point to let every one I come in contact with know about how HP cheated me and I am sure thousand of others.  I keep that lap top just to remind myself that the world is still full of shysters and crooks swearing to be your friend.  So beware brothers and sisters the people who lead HP are out to skin you.

Good riddance HP, I hope your demise is swift.

Level 1
17 15 0 0
Message 753 of 766
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I had one of those laptops that burned up and died. I was persistent and remained calm and kind to the people I encountered at HP. I ended up speaking with a top person in corporate that helped. I agree that HP should of recalled all the laptops with that same video card. I also agree that NVidea should have stood up to the plate. After all it was the NVidea video that persuaded me to by this laptop model in the first place. I have been purchasing Compaq/HP since my first computer in the 1970's. In my opinion they are the best laptops out there and I still recommend them to my colleges, family, and friends. If they are still around when I am ready to replace my current laprtp (dv9700) i will for sure purchase from HP I am saddened to think HP would drop out of the PC/Laptop market.
0 Kudos
Level 1
8 7 0 2
Message 754 of 766
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did remain calm through out the ordeal of dealing with the uncaring HP folks.  It was only after I found that I was not going to get any help at all with out a huge bill that I decided to give HP a failing grade.  I cannot say that I ran across a single person that was sympathetic with my problem.  This I blame on the management philosophy, "we can do not wrong and the customer is always wrong".

I do not know anyone who came out well with these people as obviously you did not either.  They are the ones that designed, built and tested the machine that failed.  If they did not know that the video card was faulty I still blame the HP people.  Excuses to not correct the mistake they made.  I am also sure that the video card was built to HP standards. 

There can be no forgiveness for such a corporate blunder!  Sink HP, I have a boat anchor to help you.

Tags (1)
3 3 0 0
Message 755 of 766
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@belen1705 wrote:

I did remain calm through out the ordeal of dealing with the uncaring HP folks.  It was only after I found that I was not going to get any help at all with out a huge bill that I decided to give HP a failing grade.  I cannot say that I ran across a single person that was sympathetic with my problem.  This I blame on the management philosophy, "we can do not wrong and the customer is always wrong".

I do not know anyone who came out well with these people as obviously you did not either.  They are the ones that designed, built and tested the machine that failed.  If they did not know that the video card was faulty I still blame the HP people.  Excuses to not correct the mistake they made.  I am also sure that the video card was built to HP standards. 

There can be no forgiveness for such a corporate blunder!  Sink HP, I have a boat anchor to help you.

this is not blame game this the failure of Nvidia as Nvidia accept that the product was poor

0 Kudos
Level 1
7 2 0 0
Message 756 of 766
Flag Post
HP Recommended

{Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion} I hope they go under! I saved and spent my hard earned money and got a piece of crap, lemon, oversized paperweight. I spent about $1300 on this thing. Even today that is a lot of money.

I feel cheated, disrespected and would rather {Content Removed} than ever purchase another HP product. My only wish is that I could help expedite their demise. I'll tell EVERYONE and ANYONE I see about to purchase an HP about my negative experience, and warn them not to purchase one.

{Content Removed}

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Level 8
1,064 1,058 144 302
Message 757 of 766
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Who is to blame on the failing machines is a 2 fold story ...

Nvidea issue/fault is related to underfil of chip to matrix board & not BGA mounting.

If chip itself has failed then Nvidea can take main responsibility.

As most of the failures are BGA failure to mainboard the main cause is is bad mounting & very poor thermal design.

A single cooling tube for both CPU & GPU was a huge error as should of been 1 for each with direct constant pressure housing for each chip & thus no troublesome thermal pad ...

The fan profile needed improving to flow more air & intake outtake improved to benefit from it.

I repaired mine with leaded reball, shimming to remove pad & keep both chips under cooling housing spring pressure & added cooling holes to RAM cover, lower GPU area & increased the very small fan intake port.

Results are 20% to 25% lower temps using ceramic thermal grease (lasts lot longer than metal based grease)

Further improvement could be made by making fan cut in quicker & run longer but not easy edit fan tables on my dv2535 model.

Still long use on a game in a warm ambient environment will end in heat soak as cooling fan/sink can not cope & temps go up to 75degC GPU & CPU hit 90degC.

Normal running is better & GPU stays around 53degC & 62degC watching video ect.

My repair & mods have run for 2½yrs without failure finger crossed .

The truth is main issue is HP design of cooling & unfortunately they still produce poor thermal machines if compare in class models between other brands.

the HP probook 4331-258tx version2 is a great spec & external built machine but will I buy one ! Mmm ...

Like my post? Click Kudos (thumb+) to show appreciation.
0 Kudos
Level 1
8 7 0 2
Message 758 of 766
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NVIDEA is partly to blame but HP designed and sold the machine so they should have fixed it.  If they wanted to go after NVIDEA that is up to them.  I paid a good price for my machine and they ignored the problem.  When I tried to get help they hid or made a ridiculous offer that not in any way would solve my problem.  Escalation was  of no value because management was the problem.  I have removed all HP products from my home and will never have another.

Then to top it all off the {Content Removed: Language/Be Respectful} started a new forum to try and hide the dis-content.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Level 8
1,064 1,058 144 302
Message 759 of 766
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well HP did not get away with it, current sales figures prove this.

About $3 in manufacturing cost was difference between a good & bad product.

Unfortunatly HP still go cheap on thermal control & the dv series sham will take serious product & business change to resolve bad feeling /image ...

Plenty of consumer choice so no HP is no loss for most  ...

Like my post? Click Kudos (thumb+) to show appreciation.
0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 760 of 766
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP dv2000. It has a long beep on startup followed by two short beeps. What is the best way to fix this? I have had someone tell me its a video card problem and that I could replace it with a new motherboard and i've had someone tell me its a bios problem. Has anyone had this problem and seen it fixed?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation