cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mhsalgado
3 3 0 0
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

[ HP dv5-1000us ] Screen rolls, loose connection?

Nope. Didn't work for me. Thanks again for the post though.

@mhsalgado wrote:

I just had my dv5 apart this morning after having the black screen issue. An external monitor  works just fine so I'm crossing my fingers that a loose wire is to blame. I'll take it apart again right now and pray this helps. I'm sick of dumping money into this thing and REALLY need my laptop back. Thank you for your post. Cross your fingers.

0 Kudos
jleleux
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have an HP g70-460us notebook 17" and it had got to the point that the screen would just roll. I would tap on the top edge of the computer and it would stop for a while and then start again. I went on this fouum and someone said to take a screw driver and tighten the screws by the hinge. I did that and it worked, so far!!!

I'll let you know if it starts back.

Note:

I also have an older 17" HP laptop and it has a blank section in the center of the screen. Hp is the only laptops I have seen with screen problems.

0 Kudos
Naars
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I had an issue whereby I could only open my display lid a few inches and the screen would turn off.  After seeing this and a few other blogs I figured it was the display cable.  After taking apart the laptop as shown in the HP Maintenance Guide, I cut open the tape and sleave that the wires were in and saw the wire wrapped wires.  Unfortunately I cut a few wires while doing so, it was very difficult to open the sleave that the wires were in.  I managed to splice the wires back together and tighten the wire wraps as shown in this blog and that fixed my problem.  I have ordered a new cable off Amazon (not sure why others state the part is not available, I found it pretty easily) for about $5.  Thanks folks for posting this info!!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation