Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP envy 15 notebook PC Freezes

HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 Notebook PC -
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have this laptop for just over 1 year and two weeks and it started with problems after a couple of weeks.

It froze and locked up. For no apparent  reason at all. I decided to check the forums today October 16th 2015, wondering if others have had the same problem and I see that there are a few with the same problem as me.

This started occuring on a daily basis whenever I used my laptop and I brought it back to the store and of course they found nothing wrong. So I have lived with this problem and am now fed up with it as it is getting worse and now freezes two and three times a day.

When I bought the laptop from the store I was reliably informed it was a solid, well built and very good laptop for the price and that is why I purchased it. It has since proved to be the opposite, as it is unreliable, unstable and far from a quality built laptop.

When I bought it, it came preinsalled with windows 8 and the problems started in this windows version. I upgraded to windows 8.1 thinking that would solve it and no it continued freezing daily. I then upgraded to windows 10 and still the problems persists.

I have investigated as I am a softwares test engineer and I cannot find the problem. I have a minimun of applications at start up and that has not helped.

So I would like to know what this happens, as if I cannot get a solution to this I will simply never purchase a HP product again as I am very very tired of this problem.

I need my laptop for school as I am studying to be a developer and that is why I have simply not replaced it as it will take me way to long to get the laptop setup the way I need it.

Btw if you need my product number for this problem it is here GIN99EA#UUW.

So I would greatly appreciate if someone can contact me about this isue and I can be reached at this mail address

[Personal Information Removed]

I can then give out my mobile number  over that email address.

Best Regards

Paul

Stockholm, Sweden

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,533 3,002 182 479
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Skallywag,

Hello and thanks for posting on the HP support forums.  If you are having freeze ups and there is nothing showing in the Windows event log.  Then it has to be a hard ware issue.  You can try using the Windows Update Troubleshooter.  If this fails to fix the issue then try rolling back to the earlier version of windows.

If the problem is still there then the only option to you at that point is to contact HP support for repair options.

Here is the link to help you contact the correct department.

Contact HP Support

Please let me know how things go.

Thanks again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion but rolling back is not an option. This problem started on the original version of windows that came preinstalled on this machine. So rolling back will not solve it.

I have googled this problem and there are many who actually have this isue on the same HP laptop, so this has quite simply got to be a hardware problem.

I will not be purchasing a HP laptop again as really this has been so very disappointing from one of the main and supposedly stonger laptop brands on the market. Not blaming you, I know you are just the messenger, but I will go Acer (or Asus) as I had an acer laptop for 7 years and i never had these problems.

Anyway thanks for your time

Best regards

Skallywag

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation