Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Chrisk1315 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP envy m6 broken hinge and missing screws

Hp envy m6 n010dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am having an issue with my HP Envy m6 n101dx.  A while ago, I noticed that there were missing screws on the top right and left corners of the bottom of the laptop. they are the ones directly above the fan slots and its counterpart on the right.  I was unsure if this was a manufacturing error or this was just simply a design. However, the top left corner of my laptop, right where the left hinge is has begun popping up as if this corner was loose.  It seems that other people have had issues with their hinges breaking, still i am unsure if this issue is due to the missing screws.  I would like to know if there was a manufacturing error and there should be screws in those slots or if im just having the same broken hinge issues as i see many others have.

9 REPLIES
8015 128 592
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chrisk1315

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Redbeard91 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have this same exact problem.  I would like to know what type of screw I have to replace.  Is it that same screw that is used at the bottom of the lap top? The specs for the  screws would be most helpful.  Thank you 

lucia495 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue I guess this is a defect in the laptop since so many have the same problem how do i get it fixed 

Soccermom03 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem. I would also like to know how to fix the issue.
Earnest1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. Can someone tell me what they did or doing to fix this. I took out a few of the other screws just to see the size and were amazed about how tiny of a screw is used to hold my laptop together. Disappointed

Kabreu Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also having the exact same problem. I see that many people are having the same issue so it seems to me that it was a bad design or manufacturing error. Does anyone know how to fix this or has HP helped you in any way? I am so dissapointed with Hewlett Packard!
0 Kudos
8015 128 592
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kabreu

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
mykeymadeit Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same exact issue here, except it eventually the broke fan while opening due to the hinge  being in wrong position

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11815 635 796
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mykeymadeit

Welcome to the HP Forums    

I saw your post on HP ENVY m6-1200 Notebook PC hinge is broken.

I understand that this is the hardware issue.

I recommend you to contact HP phone support for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation