Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (5,920 Views)

HP envy x360 problems

Product Name: HP envy x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I need help. This is my first HP laptop, and so far it has been a nightmare. I have had serious problems with lag time for response when online, between selecting a website and the ability to scroll on any main page.

Now, as I was updating what the laptop HP service Centre said I needed to update, I ran into further problems while surfing online, and then the fan kicked on, and my screen went black. I cannot recover it.

This has been very frustrating and now I don't know how to reboot it as it's an internal battery - something I didn't know before buying it - so I'm unable to stop the fan from running.

How can I stop this? What is causing this problem?

I'm worried the fan is going to burn out because I can't stop it!! And I'm also really worried I just wasted a lot of money on this brand new laptop that is not proving to be very good at all!!!
0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 7 (5,697 Views)

Re: HP envy x360 problems

[ Edited ]

Hello @thealison,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post about the notebook not starting, and wanted to help!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

The performance issue you are having with the notebook, while online, can be caused by many things.  To get the notebook back up and running, try performing a Hard Reset.  You can use the following document to assist you: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (5,667 Views)

Hi,

No this was not useful information. I didn't identify having a problem with my computer starting. It was on and I could not get it to stop running the way it was. Blank screen and fan running at 100% power. No hard reboot worked. I was on hold with customer service for over an hour and at the end, 2 individuals didn't know what to do because all of their hard reboot instructions failed. I was informed that I had a lemon. It's a brand new computer that does not allow hard reboots and it crashed 2 times trying to be updated with the hp recommended upgrades. The fan died out after 5.5hrs at max power.

I am now in discussion with HP for a replacement computer. This is a brand new barely used computer. The problem I experienced should never have happened. And the problem I posted on the forum was never about starting up my computer.

I am disappointed with HP. You were rated the highest in customer service among a lot of PC brands, however, the service I have been receiving is not positive, nor are my concerns being read properly.
Retired
Message 4 of 7 (5,657 Views)

Hello @thealison,

Thank you for your quick reply!

It seems that you misunderstood my previous post.  As explained, to try to get the notebook back up and going, I suggested a Hard Reset.  I provided the document to assist you with the Hard Reset.  This is because the document has step by step information for performing a Hard Reset, and the document also have other helpful information for your situation.  Such as performing the System Tests.  Performing the System Test will help determine if your hardware is failing, and which specific part.  That way, you may only have to replace said hardware, instead of the entire notebook.  Please post back with the results of the replacement notebook.  I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (5,654 Views)

Hello SDF15,

I can run through a whole test again when I get home, but after spending over $1,000.00 on a new laptop, I should not have to be sending in my computer for parts to be replaced or fixed. It's barely been touched. That's not your fault, but it's not a good thing for an HP computer to already have problems.

It failed twice on downloading the updated software that the HP care centre suggested I required (the system in the computer care centre). And both times, it crashed, and both times hard reboots would absolutely not work. The computer was completely unable to be stopped outside of losing all battery life. The inability to stop your computer from having a meltdown like that - and risking burning out parts within it - should not be something a brand new computer experiences.

It was the HP customer service reps I spoke to on the first night that both said my computer's inability to hard reboot, no matter what I did (I listened and followed their instructions that they followed from their own I guess "cheat sheets"), the computer was burning itself out and crashing - blank screen, fan running at 100% and getting rough/loud sounding - with no ability to stop it.

I am contacting a manager in customer service tomorrow to finalize the plan of "attack" with this. At this point in time, I don't trust this computer and highly wish I had not purchased an HP. Being told I need to send in a new computer for repair when I just got it, and I haven't even done anything to it yet, is not a strong selling point for this computer brand.

If I had known I was going to go through this much hassle, I would have simply purchased a MAC with the same amount of money. Cause again, this laptop was not cheap.

Student
Message 6 of 7 (5,029 Views)

I am having the exact same issue, I will be returning my PC and replace it with a Mac Book.
HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 7 (5,011 Views)

@AjaxLarson

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation