Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Solsagann Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP laptop logo appears then screen turns black and on

13-c106TU

I'm using the HP stream 13 laptop with fixed battery inside. After few weeks of using it, I came across this weird glitch or bug where it keeps showing logo and turn black and continue. Anyone knows how to fixed this? They're solution to this but they consist of removing battery and stuffs. But my can't be removed.

Thank you for your support,

Solsagann.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
8107 651 2901
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solsagann wrote:

where it keeps showing logo and turn black and continue. Anyone knows how to fixed this?

Hi Solsagann,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome !

Can you confirm your computer actually boots to Windows Desktop ?  Do you mean that you start it, you notice the HP logo after BIOS/UEFI and then screen turns black/blank and after a while Windows Desktop OR Windows login screen shows up ? If this is the case, then this is NOT a bug - this is how it actually works.

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
CaptainWiz Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I dont really know how to describe it, well i can say i aint good about computers stuffs but, its simply i cant even go to the Window Login Screen to access into the desktop. Yes HP logo, then black screen with something blinking at right top corner for like 3sec; look like " - " then logo, it continues..

Thank you for supporting me, much appreciated!
0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
8107 651 2901
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

This looks like Windows/operating system/ issue to me.

I just tested with one Stream 13 and I suggest you perform Recovery to factory default condition.

Every HP computer that comes with operating system preinstalled by HP (aka Windows OEM) like Win 10 has built-in recovery partitions that can be used to reinstall Windows/fix it/ to restore to factory default condition.

How it works:

• Shut down the computer completely
  • Then, attempt to start it by pressing the Turn-On button
  • Immediately keep pressing the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap) and HP BIOS/UEFI menu should open
  • From all options available, choose F11 for recovery.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions for HP recovery or Reset this PC  options
  • More details here:

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961#AbT9

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

You will have an option to either keep your personal files and remove everything else (reinstall it)   or  reinstall everything and create a back-up of data prior to that.

Please, let me know how it goes and if this works for you.

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
CaptainWiz Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for helping :) now i cant reset my pc, is there something wrong with this pc? I'm able to choose rest pc but it doesnt reset. Ouch. Thank you though!
0 Kudos
CaptainWiz Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cant reset anything, its say "There's is a problem resetting".
0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
8107 651 2901
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, you see similar Windows like this one when you attempt Windows 10 reset:

However, do you see Recovery Manager ?

If yes, please now Choose this option - Recovery Manager, not Reset this PC.

Does this work ?

If not, the only option will be to obtain recovery media (e.g. recovery USB) from HP (HP support team):

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

CaptainWiz Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I dont see any recovery option :/?
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation