Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DarkHasiku Student
Student
0 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP laptop screen stuck?

Ok so i was watching youtube videos and all of a suddent my screen freezes and the sound is still playing, i shut it down and when i wanna turn it back on the screen after it loads just turns black, i did everything i can but it wont turn back on, i tried hundreds of times shutting it off and on again but still nothing, Please help someone :( its important i get it fixed

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP laptop screen stuck?

HI @DarkHasiku

Welcome to the HP Forum!

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

What is the specific model of your HP notebook?

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

What operating system are you running?

I understand that you were watching a YouTube video when the screen froze but the audio was fine.  You shutdown your notebook, but when you powered it back on, after loading the screen goes black. 

You could try a hard reset to see if that helps:

HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset

I hope to hear from you soon.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
DarkHasiku Student
Student
0 0 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP laptop screen stuck?

if resetting is taking out the battery and holding down the power button for 15-30 seconds i did that 4 times. Also i dont know the product number by heart, i gave it to a family member to take a look at it to see what he can do but i know for a fact he might not get it working :( 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP laptop screen stuck?

Hi @DarkHasiku,

Thank you for your response.

If the issue remains when your family member returns it, please let me know.  I would be happy to assist you, but will need to know the requested information.

There is a link in my previous post to assist you with locating the product number and model.  

What operating system are you running?

If you connect an external display does it work?

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation