Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP pavilion DV6 is stuck on the windows boot manager it will not let me do anything! Someone please help i do i fix this.. i'm hoping that my lap top is not done for 😞

this is what it says

"Choose an operating system to start, or press TAB to select a tool: (use arrow keys to highlight your choice, then press ENTER.)

To specify an advanced option for this choice, press F8

TOOLS:

Windows Memory Diagnostic"

i've tried every button nothing works!

Thanks in advance for any help!

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook ( hold down the power button until the machine shuts down ).  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Can you also post back with the following.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of your dv6 series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I have been trying that and it won't let me do anything! I can turn it off then when i turn  it back on I get this loud flat line sound and then it goes to that screen.

My product number issue - LW264UA#ABA

model number - dv6-1149wm

HP Recommended

also its windows 7 home prem

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

First of all, shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.

With reference to the link below, remove one of your memory modules ( Note: if you only have 1 memory module, try it in the other slot ) and then see if the notebook will boot.  If it doesn't, try the same module, but in the other slot.  If is still doesn't boot, try the other memory module in both slots, to see if any combination will allow the notebook to start.

The procedure for removing these modules is detailed starting on Page 66 of your Maintenance & Service Guide.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I tried every combination and it still did the same thing.. I have 2 memory modules. I tried using just one at a time in the different slots I tried both in different slots and nothing. 😞

HP Recommended

Ok so I attached a keyboard to my laptop and I was able to get into the start up menu what do I do from here?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Run a full set of diagnostics from the f2 menu and post back with the details of any failures.

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

My granddaughter banged her Presario CQ57 on the countertop now it will not boot up.   I get the Windows logo but will not move on.   My hard drive, tune up, run dianostics and startup failed.  What can I do to get the laptop up & running

nana06

HP Recommended

@nana06,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run a test on the Hard Drive.  Post back with the full details of any error messages this produces.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.