Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (193 Views)

HP pavilion dv9000 window vista problem

As I turn ON the  laptop from the power button, it turns on. Screen lights up, but I don't see any welcome screen or icons. It gives no reaction no matter what I do. I have tried  take the battery in  and out but didn't help. Please help me. what could be problem ? I tried to recover it by inserting recovery CDs but without the start button or any other icons I can not do anything.Thanks.

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Message 2 of 2 (162 Views)

Re: HP pavilion dv9000 window vista problem

It might be that the hard drive is going bad or some other corruption.  I would tyr going into the recovery partition by pressing F11 at startup, from here you can do a system restore to a point where you know it worked or a system recovery.  If you do the recovery you will lose all datat that wasn't backe up.  Hopefully this helps

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation