Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP pavilion not detecting any USB devices

HP pavilion ze2000 (ATI)
Microsoft Windows XP

I recently re installed windows xp sp3 on my hp pavilion ze2000 and updated the drivers need for it to work (video, audio, etc) but when i plug in any type of usb device it will not recognize them it just brings u8p a prompt saying unknown usb device and it lists the device as just an unknown device i've tried updating the drivers for the usb host controller and it tells me its already up to date and i've tried checking for hardware charges and still it does nothing... Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,296 2,010
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP pavilion not detecting any USB devices

Hey there! @XPuser69, Welcome to HP forums! 🙂

I understand that USB devices are not getting detected on your laptop.

Try the steps to clear corruption and repair/replace damaged/missing system files.

Run DiskCleanup - Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk Cleanup

Start - type in Search box -  COMMAND   find at top of list -  RIGHT CLICK  -  RUN AS ADMIN

sfc /scannow

Control Panel - Device Manager - USB Serial Controllers - RIGHT CLICK on EVERYTHING and UNINSTALL 
all except the category itself - REBOOT - this refreshes the drive and the USB stack

Please use the link below to Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Link: http://hp.care/2dHkg5w

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation