cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Fondcoolman Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP recovery manager - Recovery environment not doing anything.

HP ENVY m6-1154sa Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, I am trying to completely factory reset my pc but when I select Windows Recovery Environment in HP recovery manager, it just brings me to the login screen after it restarts my computer. I have tried factory resetting using windows but I get the message 'Could not find the recovery environment.'

Is it possible for me to factory reset without having to spend any money, or will I have to order a disk from HP?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Fondcoolman,

Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that when you tried to reset your PC back to factory settings using the HP Recovery Manager, it just brings you back to normal login screen after the restart. When you tried a factory reset using windows, you got the message 'Could not find the recovery Environment.'.  If you check Disk Management, do you have a recovery partition? If you have deleted the partition somehow and have not created recovery media, you will need to contact HP Support to obtain a recovery kit. Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support. Here is another link that may aid with recovery media.HP and Compaq PCs - Looking for Recovery Discs?. When you are ready, here is a link to assist you with doing a recovery back to factory settings. HP PCs - Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 😎.

Please let me know the results.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs Up” below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Sparkles1

Fondcoolman Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I do have a recovery partition (or at least I think I do) I'll send a screenshot.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation