Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bentleyjoe Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP software update - program error

I am getting an error running HP software update on Windows 7.  The error is: "This program encountered an error and is unable to proceed."

Please advise.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost
Provost
10924 773 4436
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Update don't work under Windows 7.

Download latest drivers manually:

1. Click on Support & Drivers link. (Upper part of this page.)

2. Choose option: Download drivers and software (and firmware)

3. In form:

Enter a product name / number

For product provide Your p/n number. (How to find correct p/n informations here.)

4. Click on Go and choose Your correct system.

5. If You don't want to do this on and on just add this link to Your favourites links in Your browser.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
bentleyjoe Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed you instructions then I selected the operating system - Windows 7 32 bit.  The next screen had 3 options - Driver, Update and Utility I selected Update.  This option labeled HP Print Software Patch When Upgrading Vista to Windows 7.  The description is: This Windows 7 patch fixes some printer functionality after upgrading Vista to Windows 7.  I downloaded file dot4patch_reboot.exe and installed the file.  It also  required a reboot. 

Unfortunately, this did not resolve the problem.

Description: This Windows 7 patch fixes some printer functionality after upgrading Vista to Windows 7. For networked printers, please go to www.hp.com for more support information. Enhancements: This patch will fix known problems with the following features and functionality:

• HP Print Status
  • Toolbox
  • Ink Levels
  • Solution Center
  • HP Scan (All-in-One)
  • Front panel scan button (All-in-One)
  • Description: This Windows 7 patch fixes some printer functionality after upgrading Vista to Windows 7. For networked printers, please go to www.hp.com for more support information. Enhancements: This patch will fix known problems with the following features and functionality:

• HP Print Status
  • Toolbox
  • Ink Levels
  • Solution Center
  • HP Scan (All-in-One)
  • Front panel scan button (All-in-One)
  • 0 Kudos
    Provost
    Provost
    10924 773 4436
    Message 4 of 4
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended

This board is about problems with notebooks.

Please write about this problem on printers board.

Links is below:

Windows® 7 and Printing 

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
    0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
    If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation