cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sames001 Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP split X2 won't power on- at all. Fully charged.

HP split X2
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
My hp split x2 won't turn on at all. When I plug it into the charger, the light comes on and it is white but when I press the power button, it won't turn on. When I hold the power button for a few seconds, the windows logo on the screen will turn on and as soon as I let go of the power button, the light goes back out. Also, when I unplug the charger and press and hold the power button, the charger light blinks white three times, and then the windows logo on the screen lights up.
I read in anot her post to try power and the hitting the escape button really fast, then repeat with F2, and F10. I had no response from either.

This computer has been nothing but trouble for me. I had to send it out once for reapir for a similar issue, when it was under warranty (it no longer is). The entire time I've had it it frequently acts laggy and is difficult to use, if not impossible. Then it will snap out of it and be perfect. Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance to whoever is able to help me. I don't think I'll ever buy another HP product. I'm convinced that this is a parts issue and should have been replaced for free, when I started having all these issues.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 713 1904
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Sames001,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I understand that the batteries are fully charged and you are unable to power on the notebook.

When connected to the charger  the light comes on and it is white but when you press the power button, it won't turn on. When you hold the power button for a few seconds, the windows logo on the screen will turn on and as soon you release  the power button, the light goes back out. Also, when you  unplug the charger and press and hold the power button, the charger light blinks white three times, and then the windows logo on the screen lights up.  I assume it powers off again after this.

What is you exact model of HP split x 2?  

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Was there any changes made to your system before this happened?

Have you tried booting into safe mode to troubleshoot?  HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 😎

If you can get into safe mode you could try a restore to before this happened.

If still have no success please contact HP support for assistance.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the   Thumbs Up   icon below.  

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Sames001 Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There were no changes, other than it was having a lagging episode in the same way it has on and off for 2 years despite system restores and HP service.

How am I suppose to boot into safe mode when I cannot boot at all? I've tried the escape key repeatedly as well as F11. The computer doesn't boot up. Not even while I'm holding the button. The light does turn on, but there is no response from the actual hardrive. It normally vibrates when it boots and you can hear the hardware start running. Nothing happens now, except the light. 

I already spoke to HP. Per the usual the employee assigned to assist me had no idea what he was talking about. He asked me to shut down my computer, after I told him it wouldn't turn on. He asked me if it was a desktop after I had clearly selected laptops and mentioned the model to him, then had nothing to offer besides the chance for me to spend over $300 for service to it and empty promises that it would fix every single issue.

I'm sorry but, no. If they wanted to fix it they would have when they had it the FIRST time for a similar issue. I am not dumping another $300 into an $800 computer that has lasted me just 2 years and has had issues more than 3 times that it wouldn't turn on, been serviced by HP once AND is constantly lagging for no reason.

I use it for school. I don't download music or games or click ads... there is NO reason that this should have happened. If HP wanted to make it right they would have offered to send me a replacement free of charge, or at least service mine for free.

The fact that they won't assist me without a huge fee, combined with the short life and low quality of this product, and the sheer ignorance of their "support" employees who barely speak English and are doing nothing but reading suggestions of a screen.... (Maybe you are different but the people ive spoke with the 6 plus times ive called all acted the same.) means I would rather take my $300+ and go buy a new laptop from another company.

Never. Again.

The exact model is:

HP Split 13-m010dx x2

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 713 1904
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Sames001,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Sames001 Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, thank you

0 Kudos
Nicoletate Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I HAVE HAD THE EXACT SAME ISSUES WITH THIS WORTHLESS LAPTOP SINCE DAY ONE. Right out the box the speakers didn't work properly without headphones, it lags, and will not charge! I'm disgusted with this product, it's customer service and the fact they want to charge you 300 to assist you is unbelievable. They barely understand what you are saying and do not speak good English and offer the exact same resolution for every issue for me to put more money into their worthless product! I will never buy another HP product, and will make sure everyone I know won't either. I'm a blogger I plan to spread the word on how poorly this product was put together and how awful the customer support team is, I'll be going to Apple next month and tossing this into the trash where it belongs.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation