Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP support assistant update.

HP Recommended

For the past three days I have gotten a notice that a new update of HP support assistant was ready to be installed and I would need to restart my computer in order for the update to be effective.  I was finally able to do the installation last night, 11/25/12.  This morning I tried to log onto my IE homepage and got this strange message. 

Sorry 'hp notebook.us.ushv11.www.msn.com pc HPNTDF ocid HPDHP' does not exist or is not available. Why all of this ( Sorry 'hp notebook.us.ushv11 ) is in front of the www.msn.com and this ( pc HPNTDF ocid HPDHP' does not exist or is not available ) is behind it, I do not know.  I know that the update did this because It was running fine before.  Now they want to charge me for fixing the problem that they created.  Anyone else have the same problem?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 821
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello potsy52. I understand that you're having some issues after performing the updates in HP Support Assistant. Is this correct?

Have you noticed any other problems since you ran the updates?

Does your Internet Explorer otherwise work? It seems like the homepage may have been changed. To change it back simply select Tools and then Internet Options in Internet Explorer. The main window which comes up has the option to change your homepage. Let me know if that resolves the issue.

I will await your response; have a great day!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
worked. thanks.
0 Kudos
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I only started trying to install support assistant today. I have not been able to install support assistant all day.

John [Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I am sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information.]

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation