cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TechnoKid
Level 1
14 13 0 0
Message 21 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP tools aren't working properly

Hay there,

I am so sorry, but I am getting so confused now..

Trust me, my probook 4530s is with me since I bought it and no one or even myself has never done anything with the partition stuff. I don't know how it changed to dynamic.. I think it came as it is.

So, What should I do now is that backup my data and convert the disks to basic?

then I will be able to recover from the HP_Recovery drive by F11 method.. Correct?

I can't order online HP Recovery disks as I am not from US or Canada.

Also, I got my product key, I removed the batter and 25 letters product key was there.

Let me know,

thank you for your support.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
23,808 23,589 2,043 7,471
Message 22 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kid,

I do not know more about the F11 than what I have read -- that dynamic disks are not F11 compatible.  I could be wrong on this, or I could be wrong based on your computer and disks.  It sounds like I am missing something important.

• Have you tried calling HP and did they say they do not have a Recovery disc set that they can send to your location?

From  Looking for Recovery Discs?

Contacting Support

If you cannot order a recovery disc set from HP or you cannot create a usable set from your computer, contact HP Customer Care . HP Customer Care may be able to send out new discs or replace defective versions depending on your situation and availability.

The very act of trying to convert the disk type MIGHT ruin the data.  It is  not supposed to destroy the data, but it could do so. 

If the computer came from HP in the current condition, then there is no reason to convert anything.  Do NOT convert.

You MUST have a way to rebuild the system if the Operating system fails.   Do not remove the OS until you have a means of rebuilding it.

I think I cannot help further - I am fearful of giving you bad advice.

You might call HP and ask for help or take the system to a local reputable repair shop and ask about options.  A qualified tech will be able to make quick sense of your setup and tell you what you need to do.

Contact HP - Worldwide

I am sorry I was unable to help.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
TechnoKid
Level 1
14 13 0 0
Message 23 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Man, thank you so much for all the help.. You actually made me learn a lot of things..

Yes, I am 100% sure that my laptop came with the Dynamic disks, because  I really never touched the disk management before..

Just, I'm afraid of losing my data. I will write backups on the CDs. I also don't want to delete my New Volume partition as its of 250 gb, it will take a lot to backup it whole.

I'll call HP tomorrow and sort out the problem with them and if I find the best solution, I will post it here so that others may know if they have similar problem.

And man, thank you so much.. Can't thank enough for all your help!  Kudos Kudos Kudos for you!

Best Regards! 🙂

0 Kudos
TechnoKid
Level 1
14 13 0 0
Message 24 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have checked with HP Support Care, but my warranty is expired now..

So, I will have to pay to get support..

I think I'm stuck in between now..

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7,164 7,248 341 888
Message 25 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Technokid, I don't know if you have tried this or not but what I would suggest you do is a system restore on the computer.  Here is a document that shows you how to do a system restore.     http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/troubleshootDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=5...

If you are still having issues, please feel free to write back and I will continue on with more research.

Thanks in advance

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
TechnoKid
Level 1
14 13 0 0
Message 26 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hay there,

Thanks for showing up.. I tried system restore, but I don't have a restore point.

I'll really appreciate if you look in to my matter.

Reading previous posts will explain you all my problem..

Kind Regards

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation