Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Miss_MST Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP wpnt update updates. Computer stuck

HP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there

I received the Orange " ! "message that I needed to update something but everytime I try to complete the action the screen just gets stuck so it's not completeing this. 

I'm on vaction in Brazil so I don't speak Portugues. Please can someone log into my laptop to see whats the problem . It's been like this for 3 days.

Serial Number [Personal Information Removed]

P Num: PIA95UA#ABA

Windows 10 64 bit

Thanks

Marilyn

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2318
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP wpnt update updates. Computer stuck

Hi @Miss_MST,

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums! :)  This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand that the computer is stuck on a specific update screen and does not perform any updates. It will be a delight to assist you. :)

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform.

First off, to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

What updates are being performed?

• Do you get any error messages?
  • What happens if you power down your unit and power it back up? Does it go back to the update screen or does it take you back  to the desktop?

For starters Please perform a hard reset. Steps:

• Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger. Try to power on the computer.

If this fires up the computer the try to perform the update again or cancel the update and see if it takes you back to the desktop.

If it does, the issue could get resolved. Otherwise, please visit this link to perform a system restore to an earlier time before the update to make your computer work.

Link for system restore: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545

Please select the option “Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and boot back to windows.

If this does not work, Please perform a complete system recovery to factory default settings by visiting this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-15-j100-Select-Edition-Notebook-PC-series/6521373/model/...

Please remember that a recovery would wipe everything on the computer and restore it to original factory defaults.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Trust me I have done all I can to help by keeping your best interest in mind. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation