cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Valerio_Schweiz Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 251 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP x2 210 (Product Nr. L5G94EA#ABD) microSD disappears

@Marogo wrote:

@Marogo wrote:

After last BIOS update to ver. F.14 I tested another a micro SD card, GOOD RAM microSDHC 32GB Class 10 UHS-I and there is the same problem with long time system loading (before appears HP logo), like on aforementioned my Samsung 64GB card).

HP, wake up and fix finally this bug!

Colleagues on the forum, please tell me, which cards (producer, type) you use and works correctly (fast loading the system)? I'm interested in cards with capacities 32/64 or 128 GB.

I bought a microSD card from another producer, Kingston type SDCA3/64GB. The card is very fast (read and write) and works perfectly with fast loading the system and without any disconnections and write problems. I recommend this card!

Thanks for your comment, great to hear you had success with Kingston type SDCA3/64GB!
How have you been testing it? It would be nice to understand the kind of performance you're getting.

Which BIOS version are you using, the F.14 or another?

Thanks for info,

Very Best Regards

Valerio_Schweiz

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 252 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The BIOS update F14A cured the problem (random SD card eject/dismount) on all of my household machines.

Not ONE problem since September.  Using 32GB, 64GB and 128GB MicroSD cards from Sandisk.

Anyone still having an issue must either not have the correct BIOS update, or a different mainboard or model, or, some other kind of SD problem.

Highlighted
animyrch Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 253 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

May I ask where can I find this BIOS update F14A ? This site gives me F07 as the latest bios update. Why? Does that mean F14 update will break my computer because it's perhaps not compatible with my x2 210?

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 254 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There MANY different machines under the X2 brand that look identical and there -were- at least two variants of the motherboard when we were discussing this last year, I don't know if HP have introduced anymore since. 

Each motherboard had it's own BIOS firmware.

Use the HP Support Assistant to find out the latest BIOS for your mainboard.  F14A was the latest for my machines in September, I've not checked since because this BIOS is working fine for me.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation