cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 21 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP x2 210 (Product Nr. L5G94EA#ABD) microSD disappears

They're all Sandisk, multiple 64GB and now a 128GB MicroSD cards.  I've got some older 4GB cards somewhere but I need to do a major hunt, I'm not sure what class those are.   I was copying large files, also using the drive to install applications on (my main need from the MicroSD) but the failures made doing that impossible.

I noted what you said about Bay Trail.  The thing I note with that is that my HP Stream 7 tablet has a Z3735 Bay Trail which works fine.  We also had the previous generation x2 tablets, also with Bay Trail processors and those worked great - although they did run 32-bit Windows out of the box.

When this current design of the x2 came out, I know earlier models had a different CPU, the X5-Z8300 ones came later - I'd be interested to know if the fault is with ALL the current x2s or just the X5-Z8300 variants.

If I could predict or replicate the fault on demand, that would help - as is it seems completely random.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 22 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you still running your test with the lower class SD card?  Have you had any problems yet? 

I found a spare Sandisk 4GB Class 4 card, I've been running it for most of today, I've had no problems yet.  No random disconnects.   I've been copying various large files to and from, no problem.  

However I've found that I have a 32GB card in my Kindle.  My 64GB and 128GB cards are SDXC, the 32GB card is SDHC, so I'm now going to try that even though it is Class 10.  I will post any findings.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 23 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, my test resulted in failure.  The 32GB card kept vanishing erratically.  So it's not a SDHC/SDXC issue, it must be limited by Class.

I can't buy and use a lower Class 32GB MicroSD as a solution, it's not large enough for the needs I have and I'm not sure 64 or 128GB cards come at any speed slower than Class 10.

SO HP, IT IS YOUR RESPONISBILITY TO FIX THIS PROBLEM!

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
31 31 0 2
Message 24 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think we all need to call individually to HP support and log a ticket, get this thread tagged to it if possible and reply back with the ticket number.

Regards
M
0 Kudos
waj11 Top Student
Top Student
8 7 0 0
Message 25 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I already have been in touch with hp support (netherlands). I have a hp x10 pavilion with exactly the same issue. Already told them about this tread, but they replied with that the problem described here is for another model number (I disagree) . Three weeks further and still no working solution. Next step is a factory reset, but they can't guarantee it will work
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 26 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It won't work, it will just cost you your time and the hassle of reinstalling everything but you are welcome to try.  🙂  Also, I CAN confirm it affects multiple model numbers.

0 Kudos
waj11 Top Student
Top Student
8 7 0 0
Message 27 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Haha, I already voiced my doubts regarding the factory reset, but they were adament about it (because I installed the newest windows 10 version clean from a usb drive, removing all hp software and crap).
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 28 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've reinstalled more times than I can count and even reinstalled their drivers.

I'm doing a support chat now. The fault occurred while he had control of the computer, I'll get back to you as soon as I'm done. But it looks like he's trying to load the same drivers I've already installed.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
31 31 0 2
Message 29 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Point him to this thread if possible.
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 30 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've just finished.  The support guy reinstalled the graphics driver and reflashed the BIOS, but I already had the latest installed.   I guess they have to go through the motions anyway.  He did offer to refund or exchange, but I've already got two x2s in the house, another machine will have the same problem.  I don't want a refund, I love the machine - I just want it working.

He's sending out HP's reinstallation media, but I told him I'd install it on the other (wifes) x2, I'm not spending a day reinstalling my x2 and putting all my data and software back on just to find the same fault.

Considering class 4 seems to work, I'm convinced this is a correctable problem by BIOS or driver update.  I did say:  "Is there a way to flag this with the 'powers-that-be' as this does seem to be affecting a lot of x2 variants and users and an update or something really is needed."  He replied "I will try to escalate the case to the drivers development team and see what we can do"

At this point, I'd urge everyone to contact HP and request they look into this and FIX it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation