cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GrafUr Tutor
Tutor
11 11 0 0
Message 231 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP x2 210 (Product Nr. L5G94EA#ABD) microSD disappears

Yes, I have testing it since 2nd Friday, but pretty intensive. I copied 2x8gb movies than played it after each other. Nor during the copying neither at the playing (2,2 hours) have I had problems, and then I copied 80 gb data through WiFi (for about 8 hours continuosly).  It was absolutelly OK, without ejects!

But after your suggestion I asked HP Support for more testing time; I will give them feed back about the issue (in order to close that) after 1 or 2 more weeks.

Have you ideas how to test it correctly?

How did the issue came back at you? (So what did you did after two weeks, after the issue came again?) Maybe I'll try the same, and let it see, wether the issue also comes back at me...

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 232 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One surefire way of testing it is set the card (a big card) as a place to install Windows 10 apps onto.

Then try installing the larger games, GT Racing 2, Asphalt 8, Cold Alley, the two Halo games, Overkill 3, Modern Combat etc.  test loading of them over the week, try not to reboot too much - because the system will be starting fresh each time, you want to see the cumulative effects of running the apps and as much I/O to and from the card.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 233 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How did the issue came back at you? (So what did you did after two weeks, after the issue came again?) Maybe I'll try the same, and let it see, wether the issue also comes back at me...

It just returned without warning or any pattern to it.  After (now), I've just removed the MicroSD card and USB Sandisk Cruzer and am using the x2 without them.  It's a problem for my wife, not as much for me as I have the version with a 1TB drive in the keyboard section.  But I noticed that ejected itself yesterday.

0 Kudos
Marogo Tutor
Tutor
9 7 0 1
Message 234 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@GrafUr wrote:

I'm testing it since last friday, and since that I did not have any disconnection issue with my 128 gb microSD card!

And what about the problem of long time loading the system when SD card is inserted into the socket?

Do problem still exists after BIOS update (fix)?

It is an error that also needs to be solved...
0 Kudos
Rezoruki Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 235 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Bios is out. I don´t have my device with me right now, so  I cannot test it out right now.

direct link:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77409.exe

Support site (Finnish): 

http://support.hp.com/fi-fi/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-10-n100-x2-Detachable-PC/8499312/model/1...

0 Kudos
NRafaelD Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 236 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. I just tried it, but the problem is still there (Sandisk 64GB Class 10). Actually, I think it is worse now, since my Pavilion x2 10 became almost unusable after I plugged in the microSD card (just now is taking more than 10 minutes to shut down! also the Explorer is extremely slow).  However it always worked with a 32GB memory card (Class 4) even if it's visibly slow. What  a mess, HP...  

[sorry for my English btw]

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 237 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NRafaelD wrote:

Hi. I just tried it, but the problem is still there (Sandisk 64GB Class 10). Actually, I think it is worse now, since my Pavilion x2 10 became almost unusable after I plugged in the microSD card (just now is taking more than 10 minutes to shut down! also the Explorer is extremely slow).  However it always worked with a 32GB memory card (Class 4) even if it's visibly slow. What  a mess, HP...  

[sorry for my English btw]

Are you sure these things are not incidental?   I'm using a Sandisk 64GB Class 10 too, I had no stability or shutdown problems, these seem like another problem.  Are you running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition?  Have you made other changes which could have created the instabilities?

I'm NOT saying this BIOS has fixed it, because I've only been running it for 24 hours - I'll need a week to decide if it's working.  Also be sure you're running the correct BIOS:

Sketch.png

I'm -still- seeing random USB drive dismounts though.

0 Kudos
GrafUr Tutor
Tutor
11 11 0 0
Message 238 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ncc1701 wrote:

One surefire way of testing it is set the card (a big card) as a place to install Windows 10 apps onto.

Then try installing the larger games, GT Racing 2, Asphalt 8, Cold Alley, the two Halo games, Overkill 3, Modern Combat etc.  test loading of them over the week, try not to reboot too much - because the system will be starting fresh each time, you want to see the cumulative effects of running the apps and as much I/O to and from the card.

Hi!

I'm testing it since your suggestion, and since that I did not have any dismounts! So it seems for me that this is the right solution. The only thing what I noticed is, that the SC-Card a little bit slower as before. 

I have a 128GB SD XC Micro Samsung EVO+ CL10 card, and  it has a writing speed of 20 MB/sec and a reading speed of 80 MB/sec. --> It is good when I see 10 MB/sec in the task manager... So I do have to find a right speedtest application to measure it. Do you have idea, with thich app can I do this?

0 Kudos
GrafUr Tutor
Tutor
11 11 0 0
Message 239 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Marogo wrote:
And what about the problem of long time loading the system when SD card is inserted into the socket?

Do problem still exists after BIOS update (fix)?

It is an error that also needs to be solved...

I have not noticed such a problem with my device... The load time is pretty fast by me as well as before... Which product number do you have?

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 240 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow!  I'm glad it's worked out for you, really pleased!!    🙂

I don't really run benchmarks myself, but I've seen something called Crystal Disk Mark being used which is free, I'm sure you will find it easily through Google.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation