cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Marogo Tutor
Tutor
9 7 0 1
Message 241 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP x2 210 (Product Nr. L5G94EA#ABD) microSD disappears

@GrafUr wrote:

@Marogo wrote:
And what about the problem of long time loading the system when SD card is inserted into the socket?

Do problem still exists after BIOS update (fix)?

It is an error that also needs to be solved...

I have not noticed such a problem with my device... The load time is pretty fast by me as well as before... Which product number do you have?

I use Pavilion x2 10-n140nw with last BIOS update (F.14). My micro SD card is SAMSUNG MB-MG64EA/EU 64 GB MicroSDXC PRO (class 10).

When this card is inserted into the socket, my Pavilion x2 starts long time (before displaying the HP logo).

Additionally exists problem with saving files to this card with using a download accelerator, Internet Download Manager. When accelerator finish download file (~150 MB) and try join parts of the file, then shows an error message, that can't save to disk, because there is a problem with access to destination file. I would like to note, that this program works perfectly on my another computer (Sony).

When I plugged into the Pavilion x2 my another a (smaller) micro SD card 4 GB (Toshiba, class 4), it works perfect: the system starts very fast (like without plugged a card) and without any saving problems.

Now I use micro SD card SAMSUNG MB-MG64EA/EU 64 GB in my phone Samsung Galaxy S3 and works fine.

0 Kudos
Rezoruki Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 242 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

F.14 version of  Bios have been taken out from the support site. in light  use i didn´t get any disconnections, but  Bios corrupted once and boot is very slow.  So  this version was a total failure.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 243 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Working fine on our two machines, no problems at all so far.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 244 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sketch.pngI can see the update again, the weird thing is it says "Released: Sep 19, 2016" and it's currently only the 18th.  BTW the update is still working for both of our machines.  I have noticed since the Anniversary Update that installing Win10 Apps from the store to MicroSD in it's default format results in blank icons, formatting the drive as NTFS seems to correct that, but I think writes are slower.

0 Kudos
Marogo Tutor
Tutor
9 7 0 1
Message 245 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After last BIOS update to ver. F.14 I tested another a micro SD card, GOOD RAM microSDHC 32GB Class 10 UHS-I and there is the same problem with long time system loading (before appears HP logo), like on aforementioned my Samsung 64GB card).

HP, wake up and fix finally this bug!

Colleagues on the forum, please tell me, which cards (producer, type) you use and works correctly (fast loading the system)? I'm interested in cards with capacities 32/64 or 128 GB.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
100 97 1 15
Message 246 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you look back through the thread, you will see most seem to be using SanDisk.  I'm using 64gb currently, I put my 128gb into my Amazon Fire instead, my wife is still using 128gb in her x2 with no problems.

If you're having problems, as I've tried to say before, they are probably incidental.  Slow boot is another problem, mine doesn't do it.  Your Download Accelerator problem is another, does it work on Drive C?  If so do it that way, I tried the program myself, you would have to manually change the setup to make it not only download but cache the data via the SD card.  Accelerators split downloads into lots of little pieces and then assembles them afterwards, I'd suspect the amount of data thrashing would be far greater than the card's ability to keep up.

Also what motherboard version are you using?

0 Kudos
JoSaCo Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 247 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I´ve bought a Pavilion X2 10 and like all of you, i have the same SD disconecting problem.

I just downloaded the last September BIOS update and i hope that this finish my problems, cause i love my HP unit and It is a very annoying problem.

I use a 16GB Samsung EVO microSD card, but i will buy one with 64 GB UHS-3

Thanks to all.

0 Kudos
NRafaelD Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 248 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. I just downloaded and installed the September update but the problem is still there. I tried my sd card (SanDisk 64GB Class 10) on 3 pc's and it worked perfectly. When I plugged in the sd card into my pavilion x2 10-n106nl it worked for around 3 minutes and then re-ejected it again.  I just  realised that I'd thrown away almost 300€ ! It's INSANE !

0 Kudos
Marogo Tutor
Tutor
9 7 0 1
Message 249 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Marogo wrote:

After last BIOS update to ver. F.14 I tested another a micro SD card, GOOD RAM microSDHC 32GB Class 10 UHS-I and there is the same problem with long time system loading (before appears HP logo), like on aforementioned my Samsung 64GB card).

HP, wake up and fix finally this bug!

Colleagues on the forum, please tell me, which cards (producer, type) you use and works correctly (fast loading the system)? I'm interested in cards with capacities 32/64 or 128 GB.

I bought a microSD card from another producer, Kingston type SDCA3/64GB. The card is very fast (read and write) and works perfectly with fast loading the system and without any disconnections and write problems. I recommend this card!

animyrch Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 250 of 254
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same freaking problem. Hp x2 210 with SanDisk 64 GB MicroSD card. Why can't HP resolve this problem? I strongly recommend others not buying this product due to this issue and I regret my purchase very much.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation