Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Stevecooke Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP15 notebook battery not charging

HP 15 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello esteemed experts.

I have a HP15 Notebook: 

HP15 Note book PC Windows 10 version 1511 64 bit i7 CPU 4GB RAM

OS build 10586.545  Product ID 00327-60000-00000-AA059 

HP Notebook - 15 - r100nx (ENERGY STAR) model K1S20EA   Serial NO.  (removed content)

The battery was not charging from new so I took it to HP who diagnosed a faulty battery but wouldn't replace it under warranty as the computer was over a year old (bought it from a friend who never even unpacked it).  I replaced the battery with a generic one but the battery status showed 0% ,  2 mins to full charge even after 8 hours charging.  I tried another power adaptor and cables, another wall socket with same results.  I replaced the battery again with a different manufacturer, rechecked it was correct voltage/model number - same result.  When you power on from the mains it (battery status in bottom RH corner of taskbar) shows 0% and 2 mins to full charge, so one of the statements is incorrect.

I ran the latest set of UEFI diagnostics (quick system test) using the F2  at startup method.  The system test shows a faulty battery: 

Battery Check : Primary - Replace (40)

FAILURE ID : 64VV7R-835888-XD7V7F-C0A203.  I cannot find this code on the Internet.  I have no other PC to fit the battery to to determine if the battery really is faulty.  I also have no way to charge the battery in another PC or external charger.   Thed notebook will also not boot up from the battery alone to allow me to attempt a battery calibration.

Does anyone have any advice?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Professor Professor
Professor
1431 135 796
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP15 notebook battery not charging

Hey Steve, 

Unfortunately the failure ID refers to the battery failing the test.  This is most likely because the smart chip in the generic battery isn't compatible with the test.

Since the product is over a year old it's likely out of warranty, both pc and original battery.

Definitly try updating the BIOS and UEFI to the latest version so that the test is current.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation