Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CyDon Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP840 with dual external monitors needs setup constant for docked and undocked

HP 840 Laptop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP840 Laptop with it's docking station (ultraslim dock 2013).  The dock has dual display port connections on it which I connect to dual monitors. I'd like to have the configuration automatically select a single monitor when docked that being the notebooks own display (and have it be the main screen. But, when docked, I'd like (automatically)  to have the dual monitors be screen 1 and 2 (be able to select which is always which) and allow the laptop to be closed with the internal screen disabled.

As it is now this takes allot of fussing around to get this going with laptop restarts need when left for a time.

Thanks for any help,

Don

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation