cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
zeo2k
Level 1
5 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hard Disk 1 Quick (303) & Full (305)

I have an HP ENVY 17 3D for the past couple years that came with Windows 7. I installed Windows 8 on it last year, and I just switched it back to Windows 7. While reinstalling Windows 7, I started receiving these Hard Drive errors. It passes all the other tests like the Start-Up Test and the Smart Check Test. I can still exit the testing, and then my computer then beings to log in normally back into the operating system. I got Windows 7 fully reinstalled now, but everytime I need to restart my system, these errors pop up during boot up.

I'm not in warranty, and my HDD is 1TB.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 12
4,534 4,501 384 1,076
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You'll have to purchase a replacement HDD and reinstall windows, preferably using the HP Recovery discs.
0 Kudos
zeo2k
Level 1
5 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Kalt wrote:
You'll have to purchase a replacement HDD and reinstall windows, preferably using the HP Recovery discs.

Thanks for the reply! Where would you recommend the best place to purchace a replacement HDD for my device?

0 Kudos
Level 12
4,534 4,501 384 1,076
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@zeo2k wrote:

@Kalt wrote:

Thanks for the reply! Where would you recommend the best place to purchace a replacement HDD for my device?

Newegg or Best Buy would be my top recommendations.  You can also order them from the HP Parts Store:  http://partsurfer.hp.com

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation