cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
White85 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard Disk Failed

compaq CQ58-202SX Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Product Name: compaq CQ58-202SX Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have compaq CQ58-202SX Notebook PC.

its hard disk is failing. hard disk test giving me following results.

Hard Disk smart check: passed

Hard disk short DST: FAILED

Failure ID: 9LPRUX-6JB84T-MFKT0K-60WU03

Product ID: C8D66EA#A2N

I created a recovery media 2 years back however i have lost it.

The PC sometimes loading windows and suddenly freezing. I already bough a hard disk. 

Please advice how to get the original operating system and drivers to the new hard disk. I tried googling but no luck. 

Appreciate you guys help. Thank you

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Teacher
Teacher
149 149 6 11
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard Disk Failed

If you have lost the original recovery media you will need to purchase it again this is the only set of disks that will contain original drivers and operating system for you computer to purchase it contact HP support. 

More info here;

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/bph07143

James

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44664 44399 3335 13977
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard Disk Failed

You can create a Windows 10 installation on USB or DVD using media creation tool- free download offered by MS. Since it has been activated before as an upgrade you will click Skip when asked for license key.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

If you prefer reovering the original OS you can call HP Support to see if Recovery Media is still available to order. >>Contact HP

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
49520 49491 9892 16573
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard Disk Failed

Hi,

Here are a couple of options.

1.  If you want to reinstall the original operating system ( Windows 8 ) on the new HDD, you can order a replacement set of Recovery Media starting on the link below.

Order HP Recovery Media.

2.  If you have previously upgraded the notebook to Windows 10, a hardware profile of your notebook will have been recorded by the activation servers - as long as the previous installation of Windows 10 had activated Ok after the upgrade from 8, you can just create Windows 10 installation media on another PC and then perform a clean installation of 10 on the new HDD as detailed in the guide on the following link.  Note: At the activation screen, select 'I don't have a Product key' - Windows will activate automatically once the installation has completed.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation