Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Harshal123 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hard Drive Diagnosis Test- Long Dst Test Failed

HP 15-g049AU Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hard Drive Diagnosis Test- Long Dst Test Failed on my Laptop.

But my laptop is booting properly but everytime it hangs during working, I have to hard reboot it every time.

I am suspecting that, bad memory sector causing the issue

I have tried Seatools for DOS to repaire those sector , but my hard drive is not detecting in that tool.

Failure ID- RLNG40-7KG845-XD7V6K-618703

Do I suppose to replace the hard drive or it is repairable in HP service center ????

1 REPLY
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
410 45 84
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Hard Drive Diagnosis Test- Long Dst Test Failed

Hallo Harshal123,

this error code:RLNG40-7KG845-XD7V6K-618703

Failure: 305

information: Hard Disk 1 Full Test Failure

If it's still in warranty I would recommend you to contact your HP support for getting the HDD replaced under warranty.

List of phone number press your country: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If out of warranty I would recommend you replace it your self it's normally not that hard but I can't tell since I can't see your P/N. But out from your S/N as I can see with that failure ID it's should be under 2nd year  warranty if im not misstaken.

Br

Zincas
I am an HP notebook/printer technician.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation