Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
37 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard Drive failure during short test

Pavilion dv7-6175us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP diagnostics returned error code 9lhvwc-5rg85u-mfh15f-60t903 during a hard drive short self test this evening. Prior to the test, the disk drive was working very slowly, as if it had trouble reading data. I am able to log in with windows in it's normal mode, but the drive performs poorly. Safe mode is better. I own an HP dv7-6175us with serial number 5ch134ijx7.

1 REPLY
Intern
Intern
37 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard Drive failure during short test

I suspect it's an issue with the header, because the disk drive was also clicking, and it was the click you hear when the accelerometer halts the hard drive. I suspect it's impact/shock damage. It was repeatedly clicking for about 5 time before I shut it down manually.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation