cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard disk died and no sysyem backup

Pavilion dv6-6c nr Entertainme
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

May Hard Drove crashed and I had not backed up my system. I know better, but it happened. The issue is that I do not have the operating system CD's. I have my Windows Product ID, but no installation disks. Anybody knwo if I can get a copy HP?

Not sure if I had 64 bit or 32 bit.

Any help wilol be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 10
4,161 4,159 563 1,274
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard disk died and no sysyem backup

Hello RayErg,

If your PC has more than 4GB of RAM, use 64 BIT, If no then 32 Bit only.

Please go the below link and order: 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5191856/mode...

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation