cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Henry15
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hard disk1 failed

HP Recommended
D8B93LA#ABM
Microsoft Windows XP
Need help my laptop doesnt start at all error is Q4PU91-6T58G6-MFPWXF-60Q803
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,925 30,832 2,818 6,794
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Henry15

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that error message means that your hard drive has failed.

It will need to be replaced.

But the problems don't end there.  Ordinarily, I would recommend using HP Recovery Media to restore your PC to its original condition. That would erase the entire drive, format the drive, and install the OS, the drivers, and the HP utilities.

Unfortunately, there is no HP Recovery Media linked to the HP Product Page for your PC. This could be an oversight by HP, or it could also mean that HP no longer stocks the recovery media for your PC. They no long stock recovery media for the older PCs.

Since HP no longer provides Recovery Media for your model, a couple of other sites you should check are: http://www.computersurgeons.com/ and http://www.restoredisks.com/

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation